Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:50 AM
jwd jwd started this thread

6 posts, read 25,033 times

Advertisements

I'm seriously considering purchasing a home for approx. $750K in Moorestown....in the Stanwick Glen section. Virtually everything I have researched and read about the town has been positive....but I'm a skeptic at heart.

Is there any reason that I SHOULDN'T buy a home in Moorestown or in Stanwick Glen section....or is the town really all it is cracked up to be?

I would appreciate any candid and honest responses. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM

392 posts, read 1,539,015 times
It's expensive. Other than that, it is a very nice area

Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ987654 View Post
It's expensive. Other than that, it is a very nice area
But he/she can afford the 750k. Therefore, I'd relocate there in a minute. One of the very best towns New Jersey has to offer.

Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens make/made this their home. Vernon Hill, the CEO of Commerce bank, had a 40000+ square foot home built there when I live in Medford.

In other words, Moorestown = upper 1%.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:26 PM

691 posts, read 3,059,709 times
Moorestown is a great town. I'm not familiar with the Stanwick Glen are though. Do you what streets comprise of that neighborhood?

Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I'm seriously considering purchasing a home for approx. $750K in Moorestown....in the Stanwick Glen section. Virtually everything I have researched and read about the town has been positive....but I'm a skeptic at heart.

Is there any reason that I SHOULDN'T buy a home in Moorestown or in Stanwick Glen section....or is the town really all it is cracked up to be?

I would appreciate any candid and honest responses. Thanks.

Do a search of my user name here with Moorestown as the key word. I made a few long posts about things like shopping and how close it is to the highways plus the traffic depending on where you are. I'm not familiar with that section so I don't know how close it is to the malls or 38 / 73 / turnpike.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
I can't think of one reason why not. I would move there in a heartbeat.

Moorestown is a great town and Stanwick Glen is beautiful. It's not far from Main St and a short hop to 295 and 38, convenient to pretty much everything.

It is pricey, but it's one of the nicest towns in NJ.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
jwd jwd started this thread

6 posts, read 25,033 times
Sentinel Road is the main street that runs through the development.

the development is off of Stanwick Glen Road

Old 05-22-2008, 10:22 AM

40 posts, read 144,083 times
Sounds like a beautiful place. Have you been able to explore the neighborhood and see what's in the area?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,601,713 times
That's a nice section. If you're financially able to, there is no downside IMO.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Stanwick Glen is a very desirable neighborhood. I live in Stanwick so I'm closer to Main Street and the traditional victorians in town but we'd be neighbors. There is absolutely no downside to SG or Moorestown, great area, close to the schools and a good investment. Drive down North Stanwick Road and see the millions people have spent on their homes, huge teardowns and remodeled homes.

The western part of Moorestown is not as desirable as where you'd be. You are on the eastern side near town center. If you can afford it, go for it, you won't regret it. My next door neighbor moved a whole three blocks because they wanted a larger house. Most people that move into Moorestown never leave it. Or they regret leaving it. As a matter of fact, the family house stays in the family. Kids grow up, move away, parents are empty nesters, kids start having kids, move back to Moorestown for the schools and buy house from mom and dad. Not kidding.

One downside - traffic. M-town has developed quite a bit over the years and it can be tough driving around. Especially when you get behind the older folk that drive arrogantly without a care in the world. But it's a small price to pay to live in #1 in USA.

Last edited by MoorestownResident; 05-22-2008 at 12:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia