Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 PM

20 posts, read 63,684 times

Advertisements

Ok so maybe this is a bad idea, this could get ugly.. Anyway my friend Steve is a real Baptist preacher and wanted to go out to try to counteract what these guys were saying. Nothing really happened, we just stood there for about 10 mins and were briefly interviewed by a friendly Courier Post reporter. It was right in front of the Crown Plaza hotel on Rt. 70 in Cherry Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZeSD_YOcI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 08:26 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,795,828 times
those guys are such idiots

Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,742,882 times
Here's a great way to peacefully protest WBC, while supporting the Matthew Shepard Foundation: For every minute WBC stands outside of CHE, I donate to Matthew Shepard.

Matthew Shepard Foundation: Matthew Shepard Foundation (http://www.matthewshepard.org/site/PageServer - broken link)

Old 12-09-2009, 08:54 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,795,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Here's a great way to peacefully protest WBC, while supporting the Matthew Shepard Foundation: For every minute WBC stands outside of CHE, I donate to Matthew Shepard.

Matthew Shepard Foundation: Matthew Shepard Foundation (http://www.matthewshepard.org/site/PageServer - broken link)
Just because you think these idiots are wrong doesnt mean you want to donate to charities about gay marraige....

Donate to Feed the Children or Salvation Army... Much worthier causes

Old 12-09-2009, 10:35 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,742,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Just because you think these idiots are wrong doesnt mean you want to donate to charities about gay marraige....

Donate to Feed the Children or Salvation Army... Much worthier causes
I'll decide the worth of the cause I choose to donate to, thank you very much. The point is, it is an apropos choice to donate to an anti-hate foundation when protesting hate.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:01 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,632,227 times
Default Those People

Those so called BBbbbbBBbBbbaptists are just out to protest anything they can find. They drove there bus from Kansas out to Long Island to protest Jews about a month ago, then they protested people in Brooklyn, then they even wanted to protest at the funeral of that priest that was murdered. To me, protesting at anybody's funeral is the lowest of lows.

They just seem to want to get themselves in the news for anything they can think of protesting.

I'm free minded and say let them protest anything they want, since that is what they are going to do anyway, just don't pay much attention to it.

Similar to that black "religious" group that preaches anti-white racism in Times Square each day. Tourists stop and check them out a few minutes, then move on after they realize the circus it is.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:35 AM

341 posts, read 680,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Those so called BBbbbbBBbBbbaptists are just out to protest anything they can find. They drove there bus from Kansas out to Long Island to protest Jews about a month ago, then they protested people in Brooklyn, then they even wanted to protest at the funeral of that priest that was murdered. To me, protesting at anybody's funeral is the lowest of lows.

They just seem to want to get themselves in the news for anything they can think of protesting.

I'm free minded and say let them protest anything they want, since that is what they are going to do anyway, just don't pay much attention to it.

Similar to that black "religious" group that preaches anti-white racism in Times Square each day. Tourists stop and check them out a few minutes, then move on after they realize the circus it is.
You are right. But what makes these clowns from Westboro Church even more annoying is the fact that there were about 15 police officers there "protecting" them, most likely on overtime. So not only did the fine residents of Cherry Hill have to listen to these racist homophobic bigots spout their hatred, the residents of Cherry Hill had to provide protection for them too.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:07 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,961,558 times
I wonder if these people have jobs? Or maybe this is their job?

Old 12-11-2009, 05:36 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,632,227 times
Since they are riding around on some bus from Kansas, I would say this is their "job", just makes me wonder where they get their funding from.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:11 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,676,723 times
Quote:
wonder where they get their funding from.
From winning lawsuits against towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia