Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:01 PM

11 posts, read 42,409 times

Advertisements

My wife took a position in Pemberton, NJ last year and the commute from Philadelphia is starting to wear on her. Truth be told, I'd much rather stay in Philadelphia...but am willing to try suburban life. Does anyone have recommendations re: places to live within a half-hour of Philadelphia? The two areas that my wife seems to like best and are within our price range (frankly, with the taxes, don't want to go much above $350K) - Erlton, in Cherry Hill and Mount Laurel. Erlton seems to be a sweet community, with quaint post-war homes and is close to Haddonfield. Mount Laurel is further from Philadelphia, but has more modern homes (developments), with open floor plans. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 10:46 AM

79 posts, read 498,803 times
I live in Washington township and I am only minutes from Phila. Its a nice town and there are other towns near by that are nice as well and are close by.
example are: Sicklerville,Washington township,Williamstown etc...

Good luck-

Old 06-16-2007, 11:58 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
I think you're probably best off in Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Marlton, Maple Shade. We're suburban, but by no means the sticks like some places. We have everything highway accessible including Philly and all sorts of malls and food.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 PM

201 posts, read 1,013,004 times
I grew up in Cherry Hill, and my father worked in Pemberton at the college. I also drove from CH to Pemberton a lot as I went to school there. We lived on the East side of Cherry Hill near the speedline and Philly was a 20 minute drive (not at rush hour). The drive to Pemberton was 26 miles and took 35 minutes. After that I moved to Southampton NJ (another nice town) only 10 minutes from Pemberton, but a 45 minute drive to Philly. On your list of choices, Marlton is a bit closer to Pemberton but still close to Philly.

Good Luck!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:49 PM

11 posts, read 42,409 times
Thank you for the responses...we'll certainly keep on looking; bargins may be had as the winter months approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia