Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:40 AM

633 posts, read 1,950,505 times

Advertisements

Hunting is allowed in my area and so is target practice. The law should stay 450ft away, why should I or anyone else be in danger because there is a deer issue? My house was hit by an arrow, I have had a hunter drive into my yard when I was not home to shoot a deer, I have complained numerous times to PD and game wardens without satisfaction. It was a hunting club that was always on the adjacent parcel and not random people, with that being said.

I have not had an issue in a couple of years, the following season after the guy shot in my yard, I heard a shot in the wood way to close to my house, I went out onto my porch with my gun and shot into the ground, I have not had a problem since.

Sad but true, It's a whole new meaning to can you hear me now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 10:17 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notahunter View Post
So what do you do if guys come out of you backyard with long guns and their give you attitude that it's not your property. Is there laws for hunting on private property. Can I invoke my right to defend my property?
Take photos....record any verbal interaction

Call the cops and nail their butts.

Sometime the cops are buds with the landowner. the intent is to ensure that those guys never again trespass.

NJ law also requires a hunter show his license to anyone who requests to see it. Same as asking a cop his badge number.

Legal distance from occuppied dwelling is different for bowhunters vs gun hunters.

We don't need any slob hunters running around.

Just how do you intend to defend your property???????

If blood trailing a deer is involved, they need to ask you to trespass to recover the deer. Their obligation, if you refuse, is to call the conservation officer/ game warden to intervene.

It would be unethical of a property owner to prevent the recovery of a deer. How exactly that is done can have more than one solution.

I hunt........ some azohle bowhunters trespassed down a private drive and were disrespectful, now that property access is cutoff and cops pre dialed on phone.

As a bowhunter I detest slob hunters and fishermen and will go out of my way to darken their day without direct confrontation.

Harassing hunters in Nj is also against the law and has been levied when required.

Biggest problem in NJ to trimming the deer herd is property access. biggest impediment to access is bad publicity and lawyers.

Other states give tax breaks to property owners and legal protection from law suits if they allow hunting on their property. even have landowner /sprtsmen relationship deals.

No mercy for slob hunters!

Not every infraction by a hunter is intentionally nefarious and should be considered before lowering the boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey