Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 PM

518 posts, read 1,792,760 times

Advertisements

We are planning on renewing our vows at our 20 year anniversary this year (Wow how fast the time went!). Anyway we want to go somewhere as a family with to do this. The Carribean is our 1st choice but we would need 6 passports just to get there and that cuts into our budget. Would appreciate and suggestions and experiences. We are willing to fly but prefer to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM

153 posts, read 675,538 times
You could always go the the Florida Keys instead. Then you won't need the passports, but it is still tropical. And the keys are beautiful!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Vegas Baby!

Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
Northern New England is outstanding during the fall. Even the winters are great and if you are into winter sports, exceptional. the lodges and inns in the north country can easily be reached with a five to six hour drive.
VisitNH : Welcome to New Hampshire

Old 10-20-2010, 05:48 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I like the Florida Keys suggestion. And congratulations on reaching that milestone! Many more years of happiness to you.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Take a cruise to an island. As long as it is closed loop, you do not need passports. Take one right out of NJ or NY and you won't have airfare either.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM

518 posts, read 1,792,760 times
Thanks, Florida was on my list, was not thinking The Keys but I will look into it. How far down into the keys do you need to go? I believe Key West is pretty far down and quite a drive from Miami? The cruise out of NY was also on my list, I think it goes either to New England areas or maybe Bermuda. Vegas is my idea of fun but I heard that it is a little raunchy for kids. I have some impressionable, soon to be teens. I know I could stay in the hotels but I would want to get out and see all the entertainment and exhibits, not sure if you can do this and avoid billboards and posters on the corners. What a shame to allow this while trying to bring in families for a vacation.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
I would take a cruise to Bermuda over any of the other options!!

BTW, can you really drive to the Keys? I'm being serious, never been there, just assumed you could only get there by boat....

Old 10-21-2010, 11:49 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
Thanks, Florida was on my list, was not thinking The Keys but I will look into it. How far down into the keys do you need to go? I believe Key West is pretty far down and quite a drive from Miami? The cruise out of NY was also on my list, I think it goes either to New England areas or maybe Bermuda. Vegas is my idea of fun but I heard that it is a little raunchy for kids. I have some impressionable, soon to be teens. I know I could stay in the hotels but I would want to get out and see all the entertainment and exhibits, not sure if you can do this and avoid billboards and posters on the corners. What a shame to allow this while trying to bring in families for a vacation.
Vegas is an "adult" vacation destination and young children don't belong there IMO. I was unaware that your kids were on the young end, or I would not have suggested it. So my bad.

You would be surprised how many people bring young children there. People have kind of made it the new Disney World/Land. Last time I was there, you would not believe how many strollers I tripped over and how many 6-10 year olds were milling about.

I have done the NY to Bermuda cruise three times, it's an excellent cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I would take a cruise to Bermuda over any of the other options!!

BTW, can you really drive to the Keys? I'm being serious, never been there, just assumed you could only get there by boat....
Yes, you can drive to the Keys. But you don't have to, Key West has an airport.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:12 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Keep the costs down - go to Jamaica (Queens!)

Seriously though, a cruise could be a great option if it fits your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: