Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times

Advertisements

what are your plans?

We're staying home and having some family over. Weather seems to have improved since earlier in the week. Mid 40's and showers possible in the afternoon.

Enjoy and arrive safely if driving/flying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Happy Thanksgiving.

After much pondering and debate, we have made our plans.

Last year on Thanksgiving we lost Gram. She lived with us and we hospiced her. Prior to last year, the tradition was to get up early, go to the parade and then come home. Later we would all go out to eat.
Not really wanting Thanksgiving anymore after last year, but I have kids that deserve it.
We are making many pies today, getting up early and visiting Gram's grave, then going to a local nursing home to give the pies to the residents and staff that can't be with their families. After this we will come home where we will have our own little feast.

Wish you all a happy and safe one. Treasure the memories of the day...

Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Staying home with hubbie two sons & DILS
Turkey, stuffing all the trimmings
Saints @ 4pm and then later Jets

Everyone enjoy your holiday & be safe if driving/flying

Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving.

Last year on Thanksgiving we lost Gram. She lived with us and we hospiced her. Prior to last year, the tradition was to get up early, go to the parade and then come home. Later we would all go out to eat.
Not really wanting Thanksgiving anymore after last year, but I have kids that deserve it.
We are making many pies today, getting up early and visiting Gram's grave, then going to a local nursing home to give the pies to the residents and staff that can't be with their families. After this we will come home where we will have our own little feast.

I am so sorry you lost your Gram on Thanksgiving as hard as it may be I'm sure Gram would want you to enjoy it....

Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Visiting family at the shore. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I am so sorry you lost your Gram on Thanksgiving as hard as it may be I'm sure Gram would want you to enjoy it....
Thank you, Kate....

Old 11-24-2010, 10:40 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
Thanksgiving is a very happy time and sad time for me. My mom loved thanksgiving a little more than christmas. she love having everyone over and loved cooking and just being with all of us. we lost her 4 years ago and its just not the same, but we make the most of it and seem to always have a good time with my dad, whom im so greatful to have around(he gave us a health scare 2 years ago).we know that she is with us in spirit
Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving and dont eat too much and remember no drinking and driving.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Happy Thanksgiving all.

We are foregoing my in-laws for T-Day this year to stay home and provide a meal for a friend who would otherwise be alone.

It's also DH and I's second wedding anniversary.

Jersey719, sorry for your loss.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all.

We are foregoing my in-laws for T-Day this year to stay home and provide a meal for a friend who would otherwise be alone.

It's also DH and I's second wedding anniversary.

Jersey719, sorry for your loss.
That is so nice

Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM

239 posts, read 413,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving.

That's nice. Life goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey