Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times

Advertisements

It can be summed up:

NEW JERSEY HAS EVERYTHING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 09:02 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
Your post shows 9:15 AM. Unless you are on vacation, out sick, or work a different shift, you're posting this on the taxpayer's dime.
do you mind telling us where you work so we can be sure to avoid dealing with your company since it's apparent you have no respect for their time?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,651 times
I grew up in the city so the thing I like might be different than what most people like:

Parking lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driveways and garages
The great schools
having mulitple different highways to get to the same place
affordable housing
being on the mainland
Wal-mart (yup, that's right I said it!)
Lakes
Wildlife
Did I mentioned PARKING?!?! And did y'all know it's usually free?!?!?!
I love that the media depicts Jersey as this trashy mafia infested place, thank you media. Less out of town idiots here to "live the dream" driving up housing prices!!!

and at the risk of taking this thread in the wrong direction:

I love full service cheap gas!!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:25 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
The four seasons.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
As one person said "People sharp as heck" and food.

Also, the relative abscense of overt 'in your face, billboard style' religion. Relatively highly educated population, as well, in the suburbs anyway, of which most of the state is comprised of.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
i like not pumping my own gas

Old 01-06-2011, 11:40 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
As one person said "People sharp as heck" and food.

Also, the relative abscense of overt 'in your face, billboard style' religion. Relatively highly educated population, as well, in the suburbs anyway, of which most of the state is comprised of.
Funny you mention this, did you hear about the controversy over the xmas holiday with some Atheist organization and some Christian church duking it out on billboards by the Lincoln Tunnel??

Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default NJ's diversity.

New Jersey's diversity!!

NJ has natural treasures hidden in plain view and neglected by those charged with marketing NJ tourism. Even NJs own longtime residents are unaware of what wanders and wonders from the shores of Cape May to the heights of Stokes State Forest.

Last edited by Kracer; 01-06-2011 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: added photo

Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
My relationship with New Jersey is extremely love/hate. New Jersey is where I was born, have lived 98% of my life, and where my family and my wife's (born and raised Jersey girl) family resides. The great food, beach and mountains, history, and proximity to New York and Philadelphia are all great. The diversity of the towns is great too-Lambertville, Morristown, Cape May, Chester, Point Pleasant, and many points in between are all great places to visit for different reasons as far as dining/things to see and do. However, with all of this comes taxes, overregulation, traffic congestion, and just too darn many people. My wife and I visited Maine for the first time this past summer, and of all it's appealing qualities (wildlife, wild country, scenery, etc...), the simple lack of people was probably the one that drew us the most. Of course in New Jersey you can get away from the crowds, but it will cost you in terms of $$$ for the land or the house (not to mention the hoops you need to jump through if you want to build your own-if you can afford the land) and also in terms of a commute to a job so that you can afford that little slice of paradise. We'd love to move to Stillwater, Vernon, or Hardwick, but we'll be darned if we know what we'd do for a living. We're hoping to move to Lebanon Township since it's probably the largest and least dense town that still has easy access to Route 31 and 78. However, even you can get away from the crowds you still can't away from the silly gun laws, asinine building codes and zoning regulations, etc... It makes a compelling case for moving to Pennsylvania until you come to realize that your kids could possibly grow up to root for the Eagles and the Flyers

Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM

125 posts, read 333,812 times
Its centralized location between NYC and Philly. It's the most conveniently connected state in the US- Hence it's high COL
Most diversity per square mile
The food
The boardwalks.
The smart, tell it like it is people.

I rather live in Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey