Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times

Advertisements

They are now offering free roadside assistance in the US and Canada - no extra charge.

I would marry this company if I could. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,629,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
They are now offering free roadside assistance in the US and Canada - no extra charge.

I agree 100%, They are simply the best! Maybe we can get them to run the N.J. State Government, Power and Gas companies and school systems!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
That's a feature many companies offer. In fact, even if they don't you can add it for pennies. State Farm charges my policy $3.80 per year for the coverage. The free coverage has major limitation and should be reviewed carefully. They can tow only to the nearest facility and one tow per year is common. Upgrades are available to increase the benefits.

This is where AAA shines. their coverage is better than most if multiple vehicle are involved.

All major car companies add it for the life of the vehicle's warranty.

I liked NJM except for the fact they have limited or no coverage in many areas. while they were good for my auto, they did not cover motorcycles. they didn't offer added coverage in Umbrella Coverage, nor Life and other areas. That meant moving to them cost multiple line discounts, claim free discounts and long term customer discounts which really added up as all my insurance is with one company. In the end, switching to NJM didn't save as much as it appeared. That is something to check before switching over.

Quite frankly the only reason I switched over was due to State Farm announcing they were pulling their auto coverage from the NJ market. But if it's only auto you are seeking, NJM is a good deal.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:49 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
AAA ends up being free once you use the card for a few discounts. Everyone forgets all the discounts you get with the card (at restaurants, stores, etc)

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I agree 100%, They are simply the best! Maybe we can get them to run the N.J. State Government, Power and Gas companies and school systems!
They'd have my vote!

Old 01-14-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
That's a feature many companies offer. In fact, even if they don't you can add it for pennies. State Farm charges my policy $3.80 per year for the coverage. The free coverage has major limitation and should be reviewed carefully. They can tow only to the nearest facility and one tow per year is common. Upgrades are available to increase the benefits.

This is where AAA shines. their coverage is better than most if multiple vehicle are involved.

All major car companies add it for the life of the vehicle's warranty.

I liked NJM except for the fact they have limited or no coverage in many areas. while they were good for my auto, they did not cover motorcycles. they didn't offer added coverage in Umbrella Coverage, nor Life and other areas. That meant moving to them cost multiple line discounts, claim free discounts and long term customer discounts which really added up as all my insurance is with one company. In the end, switching to NJM didn't save as much as it appeared. That is something to check before switching over.

Quite frankly the only reason I switched over was due to State Farm announcing they were pulling their auto coverage from the NJ market. But if it's only auto you are seeking, NJM is a good deal.
I have a $1M umbrella policy - not sure what you're talking about?

NJM is more than just the lowest cost, we've had multiple claims on car and house and they are phenominal. Customer service the best of any company I've ever dealt with. They covered a stolen item that I didn't have a rider for - I'm a client for life.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Your kidding. I just renewed my AAA policy last week. You a week too late

Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Your kidding. I just renewed my AAA policy last week. You a week too late
sorry, i just got it in the mail yesterday.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Great news! First the dividend checks, now this!!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,838 times
I have NJM and hadn't heard about this. I still like AAA, though. I have their "Plus" service and can get a tow up to (I think) 100 miles. I'd hate to be in the position where I'm on the Turnpike and they tell me the nearest mechanic is in Camden and they have to drop me off there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey