Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 23,056 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
We just moved to the Hillsborough, NJ area and are planning on having a baby sometime soon. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good hospital or ob/gyn group. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times
I'm a big fan of St. Peter's Hospital in New Brunswick-fantastic maternity ward. I also recommend Brunswick Hills OBGYN-I believe they have an office in Hillsborough. I use the one in EB. They are a large busy practice, but the staff is phenomenal (at least the EB one is) and I really like the doctors. Good Luck.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:07 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,523 times
Talking Saint Peter's is Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
I'm a big fan of St. Peter's Hospital in New Brunswick-fantastic maternity ward. I also recommend Brunswick Hills OBGYN-I believe they have an office in Hillsborough. I use the one in EB. They are a large busy practice, but the staff is phenomenal (at least the EB one is) and I really like the doctors. Good Luck.

Could not agree more w/ you Regarese. Our family bows to the staff of Doctors & Nurses at Saint Peter's Hosptial in New Brunswick.
Best Level (4?) NICU. Have not used their OBGYN but Dr. Rao in East Brunswick & Somerset is a warm & loving Doctor.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 13,427 times
I am closer to South Jersey. Most of the hospitals mentioned are in North or Central Jersey. Where would you recommend is the best baby hospital in South Jersey. I don't have any indication of high risk or NICU needs. I am hoping to find a midwife that delivers at a hospital. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM

687 posts, read 3,252,360 times
Quote:
Could not agree more w/ you Regarese. Our family bows to the staff of Doctors & Nurses at Saint Peter's Hosptial in New Brunswick.
I also concur. I had a fantastic experience at St. Peter's. The nurses were so incredibly professional, accomodating, and just all in all very warm.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:41 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,959,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzmom View Post
I am closer to South Jersey. Most of the hospitals mentioned are in North or Central Jersey. Where would you recommend is the best baby hospital in South Jersey. I don't have any indication of high risk or NICU needs. I am hoping to find a midwife that delivers at a hospital. Thanks!
I had my son at Virtua in Mt Holly. It was a wonderful experience. There is also a Virtua in Voorhees, I've never been there but have heard good things.
Your OBGYN should be able to give you recommendations.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:50 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,631,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
I also concur. I had a fantastic experience at St. Peter's. The nurses were so incredibly professional, accomodating, and just all in all very warm.
My friends daughter is a nurse there and I agree, St. Peters is the place to go. I went there for a test a few years back and was so happy I wanted to stay. That's how well I was treated.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
My friends daughter is a nurse there and I agree, St. Peters is the place to go. I went there for a test a few years back and was so happy I wanted to stay. That's how well I was treated.
My aunt is a nurse there too. That's how I know it's a good hospital. If it weren't she would tell them to pack salt and would be outta there. LOL.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM

64 posts, read 95,053 times
Remeber, the preganant wife need to "walk a lot". Walk an hour a day, say at nice Bridgewater Commons Mall, you just need to walk, or hard to get baby out.

Another thing doctors may tell you is never lift stuff, especially heavy stuff that may cause early born. Also never stretch hands up to reach something high...

Old 01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
sj3

118 posts, read 634,745 times
For where you are, St Peters, hands down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey