Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:09 PM

16 posts, read 66,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleorange View Post
Yes, I know. I'm kind of excited!!

If you want PM to let me know when you go up. It sounds like you are headed there sooner than I am. Good luck!! And just see this as an adventure. I think it's exciting!

ETA: Yes, this site rocks! I love coming here! (Everyone is so nice. )
I think you said you were aiming for end of summer, right? I can't see me going before then myself. In the meantime I'll continue looking for you on here - and yes - it IS exciting and oh what an adventure!!!
Ca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM

24 posts, read 68,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAinflorida View Post
I think you said you were aiming for end of summer, right? I can't see me going before then myself. In the meantime I'll continue looking for you on here - and yes - it IS exciting and oh what an adventure!!!
Ca
He he, great. Will definitely keep in touch.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAinflorida View Post
We should keep in touch - it would be fun to compare our experiences. Ive found this site to be really helpful. Hey! we are having a cold front tonight!! Brace yourselves sports fans is going down into the 40s!!!! Considering it was almost 90 over the weekend - that's quite a dip!
I was extremely excited to hear that we're getting a cold front (I saw it on the weather channel early this afternoon). I'm getting awfully tired of 75-80+ temps in "winter"

Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
I was extremely excited to hear that we're getting a cold front (I saw it on the weather channel early this afternoon). I'm getting awfully tired of 75-80+ temps in "winter"
Yes, I'm excited too. And why has it been raining so much like in the summer?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleorange View Post
Yes, I'm excited too. And why has it been raining so much like in the summer?
Unfortunately, we haven't been getting much rain here in St. Pete. It did rain a nice/decent amount this evening, and hopefully it will continue until around 7 am or so.

This past summer it hardly rained, that I can remember. It usually rains every day in summer (even if not a lot, but either way, it's generally enough to keep us out of a drought. I believe we have one [a drought] going on currently).

Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Unfortunately, we haven't been getting much rain here in St. Pete. It did rain a nice/decent amount this evening, and hopefully it will continue until around 7 am or so.

This past summer it hardly rained, that I can remember. It usually rains every day in summer (even if not a lot, but either way, it's generally enough to keep us out of a drought. I believe we have one [a drought] going on currently).
Yes, it does rain here every day in the summer, around 2:30PM, to be exact. It's been raining down here a lot this January and February. Maybe it's me, but I don't remember winters being this wet and stormy; ever. It feels like we are approaching the summer 4 months early.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,034 times
hey im from florida and i was wondering if there was a city in new jersey with the same time frame as the florida keys. my friend on MSN told me shes in new jersey and she said that it was exactly the same time as here and now im confused. can some1 help me?

Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,749 times
Florida, NJ, and the rest of the east coast are in the EST time zone. (Eastern Time Zone) So, land from the Keys and up are in the same time frame.

(And even though this is an old thread, I'm amused by a lot of people stating how rainy it is in Florida. To me, no surprise. I always considered Fl to be a rainy state more so than sunshine based on past experiences.)

Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelroy View Post
Wow. That's already great info. Being from Florida, which is a long, long state I assumed that the weather was pretty much uniform across NJ. Thanks for setting me straight

We'll probably be in South Jersey. If I end up relocating to NJ my job would be in Cherry Hill. My wife likes horses and land, so we've determined that Burlington is a good area for us by looking on the web. If that doesn't make sense, let me know. We're Florida born and raised and totally ignorant of your area.

Can anyone describe the month to month weather in Burlington? We're particularly interested in temperatures and snowfall in Oct-Mar since we're not sure of what to expect.

Thanks again!!!!!!
Ocala, Florida is the horse capital of the world and land in neighboring areas is far cheaper than in New Jersey....plus you don't have to break the ice out of the water buckets 3 times a day in the winter in Florida......we just got about 10" of snow today and its about 20 degrees and its turning very windy tonight. My daughter lives in Ocala and has a horse and i can tell you that both are far happier in Florida than here......its no fun pleasure riding your horse in winter weather.....all in all your far better off in Florida.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,034 times
lol i figured that was the reason. and yea its a sunny state but it has been getting recent cold front which either rain or just drop the temp. and in the summer is when it really rains. plus i miss the snow.

(im originally from Washington state)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey