Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times

Advertisements

The Star-Ledger's Kevin Manahan provides some actual fact-checking regarding both the governor's claims and the national media fascination with this overly ambitious politician:

All hail Christie: Governor’s bigger-than-life persona has national media starry-eyed — and missing some facts | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 08:50 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Christie looooves the attention. The male Sarah Palin in a size 56 suit

Old 03-13-2011, 09:54 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Score...you picked the most anti-Christie paper in the state. You're either not from Hudson County where NJ.com aka the Star Ldger reports mostly from or just naive.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
There is not a politician alive or dead that hasn't "spun" the facts for their benefit. That is what they do. They consider their #1 priority to get elected again.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:20 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,958,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
There is not a politician alive or dead that hasn't "spun" the facts for their benefit. That is what they do. They consider their #1 priority to get elected again.
I completely agree...also its seems like you can't ever get good media reporting anymore that isn't unbiased. Majority of America is liberal left news while you have fox all by itself to the extreme right. What happened to the middle?

Old 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM

858 posts, read 708,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I completely agree...also its seems like you can't ever get good media reporting anymore that isn't unbiased. Majority of America is liberal left news while you have fox all by itself to the extreme right. What happened to the middle?

I do agree that media seems to be biased...on both sides too. Putting what a governor, president, candidate etc said into an article is great however the newspaper and interviewer should be doing some factchecking as well. In regards to Christie, it really bothers me that he makes up facts and then newspapers, people and foxnews repeat them as facts with no checking. That is wrong that people are supposed to make informed decisions on these topics and media, both left and right, are distorting the truth. Unfortunately news is now entertainment. If news cannot bring in millions of viewers and ad dollars then it will be cancelled or go bankrupt.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,538 times
Quote:

Agreed. I can't stand the current media. It drive mes nuts.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,859,429 times
I get my news form Canada or Asia...where its more news then Drama...

Old 03-13-2011, 02:42 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
I tend to listen to and watch BBC News for most of my news.
I find "The Beeb" to be much more impartial than US sources of so-called news.

That being said, the point of the article was just as much about the repeating of non-factual information by the news media, as it was about the governor's misstatements--and that was my point also.

No matter what news source you watch/read/listen to, all you ever seem to find is a rehashing of the same, frequently inaccurate information.
I thought that members of this forum would like to see some fact-checking of the sound-bites that we hear every day about the governor's agenda, but perhaps I was wrong.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:56 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,300 times
Quote:
That what network news was for. Now it doesn't attract flies because of the screamers on cable news and the competition from all different types of media. I still watch network news now & then and it's skewed to 70 yr. olds (lots of boner pill and Lipitor commercials)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey