Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 PM

195 posts, read 396,149 times

Advertisements

yabba dabba doo !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:10 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Oh I seen on the food network, that meat show where the guy goes to the best meat places, he went to NC and they have that carolina bbq pork and that. Not sure if a chain restaurant would be as good. I wish there would be a red robbin put around here.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,667,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
dhanu, what openheads is implying is that a BBQ joint is very different from a fried chicken joint, in fact it's not the same at all. Have you ever had southern BBQ? It consists of smoked meats such as brisket, pork, turkey, etc. It's very delicious.

Now, I've never had Dinosaur BBQ, but I've heard varying reviews ranging from "Amazing!" to "Ehh, it's not even close to the real thing".

I've experienced Texas-style BBQ in Austin (tomato-based sauce), and Carolina-style BBQ in Raleigh (vinegar-based sauce). What style does Dinosaur claim?
Neither, actually it's St.Louis/Kansas City Dry Rub style with their own bbq sauce added after. It's not close to the real thing, it IS the real thing. While it might not be the best bbq you've ever had it will certainly land in your top 5.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM

312 posts, read 1,164,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Oh I seen on the food network, that meat show where the guy goes to the best meat places, he went to NC and they have that carolina bbq pork and that. Not sure if a chain restaurant would be as good. I wish there would be a red robbin put around here.
Dino BBQ has itself been featured in a few shows on food network. It is the real deal BBQ and they slowly smoke their meats. As I said earlier, their brisket is one the best things you can ever eat. I would drive to NYC just to eat there, and being in NJ just makes it so much more convenient. You can't really compare this to fast food or other neighborhood chicken joints and although they have a few locations, this is not a chain like famous daves.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM

240 posts, read 580,985 times

YouTube - Dinosaur BBQ wins Best BBQ in America
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que - Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,483 times
Dino has an excellent reputation - I think it will be quite good.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:59 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artDDS View Post
Dino BBQ has itself been featured in a few shows on food network. It is the real deal BBQ and they slowly smoke their meats. As I said earlier, their brisket is one the best things you can ever eat. I would drive to NYC just to eat there, and being in NJ just makes it so much more convenient. You can't really compare this to fast food or other neighborhood chicken joints and although they have a few locations, this is not a chain like famous daves.
That brisket sounds good to me.

I don't like that southern shredded pork type of barbecue that's drenched in vinegar, though.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
I prefer beef. The quality of dinosaur meat can be quite poor. Lots of amber and coal chunks in it.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM

341 posts, read 678,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I prefer beef. The quality of dinosaur meat can be quite poor. Lots of amber and coal chunks in it.

Correct....

And don't forget that most dinosaur meat has some really nasty freezer burn, too. However, that must be expected from a piece of meat that has been sitting in a freezer for 100 million years or more.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
My extensive studies of The Flintstones have indicated that Brontosaurus meat is particularly tender. Stick with the Bronto, and you won't be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: