Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM

8 posts, read 39,753 times

Advertisements

We are moving from western U.S. to New Jersey. We just returned from a visit to the area to look at homes and found a few we liked in Holmdel. Does anyone know our options for commuting from Holmdel to Wall Street? I was told that the closest train is from Hazlet station. I looked online and it appears to be a 65 minute train ride to Penn Station. Add on another 15 minutes from Penn Station to Wall Street and that is longer than we were looking for. Is there another option (ferry, etc.)? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,205,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliandkids View Post
We are moving from western U.S. to New Jersey. We just returned from a visit to the area to look at homes and found a few we liked in Holmdel. Does anyone know our options for commuting from Holmdel to Wall Street? I was told that the closest train is from Hazlet station. I looked online and it appears to be a 65 minute train ride to Penn Station. Add on another 15 minutes from Penn Station to Wall Street and that is longer than we were looking for. Is there another option (ferry, etc.)? Thanks!
first off Holmdel is a good choice, nice area and good schools, there are a few ways to commute to wall st.

first is the train, you wouldn't take it to penn sta ny, you'd take it to penn sta. newark and switch to the PATH to the WTC and walk from there, total time should be under 90 minutes.

next choice is the ferry from belford, costly and including the drive to the terminal total time should be a bit over 60 minutes.

last method is the least costly, you can drive to airport plaza on rt36 in hazlet and catch a bus to wall st. total time 90 minutes or so.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 AM

26 posts, read 125,290 times
Hi Cali,
As an alternative, your hubby can drive to the ferry in Belford (10-15mins), Atlantic Highlands (15-20 mins), or Highlands (20-25 mins), the times depend on traffic, of course.

The Belford ferry is NYWaterway.com and the others are the Sea Streak.

Tracy

Old 07-23-2007, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 12,865 times
I live in Holmdel and have worked on Wall St (now in Jersey City). The ferry to Pier 11 Wall St is the best commute, bar none - albeit the most expensive commute. Check out NyWaterway.com.
I now take the bus out of PNC arts Center (in Holmdel)...they have buses that go to Wall St, mid-town(Port Authority) and Jersey City. Sometimes I'll take the train out of Hazlet.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 PM

66 posts, read 391,054 times
If one can afford a house in holmdel, one will be able to afford the ferry. One of the nicest towns in NJ.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,898 times
I lice in Tinton Falls and drive to Harrison and take Path to WTC and walk to Wall Street.

Best way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey