Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
Google Map read this map click NJ transit bus routes then after looking at everything tell me what is wrong with it's structure and how the lines should be modified
I couldn't really tell you about So. NJ buses, since I don't use the buses down there. But the rail transit down there is something that needs to be worked on. It's terrible! I know, I live in a town right on the AC line and have taken the train plenty of times to know how it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
My biggest gripes with NJTransit are 1) price (as others have mentioned) and 2) parking. If you don't live close enough to walk to a parking station the wait for a permit is YEARS long near most of the train stations. Additionally a lot of the stations ONLY have permit parking and bus service to the nearest train station isn't always easy/effective.
Like Princeton Junction and Jersey Avenue!!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,953,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
I couldn't really tell you about So. NJ buses, since I don't use the buses down there. But the rail transit down there is something that needs to be worked on. It's terrible! I know, I live in a town right on the AC line and have taken the train plenty of times to know how it is.
the bus that serves you runs 24/7 ITS CALLED THE 554 it runs with 30 min headways on average. It runs directly to the PATCO as well. Running along white hourse pike. thanks for trying though I gave you the link so you can get an idea for how NJT really works down there. I havent had problems however I am no stranger to the poor service levels in parts of SJ. Click the purple lines for a schedule.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 AM

360 posts, read 1,019,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
actually there is a bus that goes to south orange known as 92 and also on rte 510 is the 31 bus all accept rail passes. Also what do you believe the frequency of the bus SHOULD BE??
Whoa, two different issues. First off, I was living in Caldwell at the time so I didn't need a BUS from South Orange. I only went to South Orange to take the train to get into the city on the weekends as then the Montclair line did not run on the weekend. (As I would NOT then nor would I now take either of the busses that run from Caldwell into Newark alone.)

Second, I wasn't talking about bus FREQUENCY, I was talking about the ridiculous amount of time to TAKE the bus to the train station since I couldn't park at any of the Montclair stations then. The bus from Caldwell to the closest Montclair station took a long time because it went down very congested Bloomfield Ave and stopped every other block. So even if the bus was frequent it was a really long ride to go only 5 miles (I think 30 minutes on a bus for a 5 mile ride is kinda nuts.)

TRAIN frequency on the Montclair line (now that there is SOME weekend service) is really infrequent - I think there's 4 trains a day and it doesn't go past Bay St. I left Caldwell in 2007 and some of these issues HAVE improved but I think it's really stupid the trains don't at least go to Montclair State on the weekend - even WITH the infrequent service.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 AM

360 posts, read 1,019,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
Like Princeton Junction and Jersey Avenue!!
Ahh, yes, Princeton Junction - the bane of my parking existence. What looks to the naked eye like tons of parking means in reality that you can't get a space unless you show up at an off time or super-early. Last I heard the wait there was 7 years or something. Thankfully, the 600 from where I live in Plainsboro is a relatively quick ride if I have to do a city commute again.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:48 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,921 times
The PABT. Waiting for a bus there in the afternoon is hellish.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Whoa, two different issues. First off, I was living in Caldwell at the time so I didn't need a BUS from South Orange. I only went to South Orange to take the train to get into the city on the weekends as then the Montclair line did not run on the weekend. (As I would NOT then nor would I now take either of the busses that run from Caldwell into Newark alone.)

Second, I wasn't talking about bus FREQUENCY, I was talking about the ridiculous amount of time to TAKE the bus to the train station since I couldn't park at any of the Montclair stations then. The bus from Caldwell to the closest Montclair station took a long time because it went down very congested Bloomfield Ave and stopped every other block. So even if the bus was frequent it was a really long ride to go only 5 miles (I think 30 minutes on a bus for a 5 mile ride is kinda nuts.)

TRAIN frequency on the Montclair line (now that there is SOME weekend service) is really infrequent - I think there's 4 trains a day and it doesn't go past Bay St. I left Caldwell in 2007 and some of these issues HAVE improved but I think it's really stupid the trains don't at least go to Montclair State on the weekend - even WITH the infrequent service.
well ur right with the go28 and all being LTD stop

Old 04-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Ahh, yes, Princeton Junction - the bane of my parking existence. What looks to the naked eye like tons of parking means in reality that you can't get a space unless you show up at an off time or super-early. Last I heard the wait there was 7 years or something. Thankfully, the 600 from where I live in Plainsboro is a relatively quick ride if I have to do a city commute again.
ok what about bus service in mercer how can it improve??

Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 PM

303 posts, read 752,875 times
It sucks because most focus on getting people into ny and don't focus on getting people around IN NJ. Thats why we should have future development for NJ transit that is focused on getting people into and out of Newark and JC..

Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
It sucks because most focus on getting people into ny and don't focus on getting people around IN NJ. Thats why we should have future development for NJ transit that is focused on getting people into and out of Newark and JC..
what new bus routes would you like to see for getting to and around NJ???? from where to where and why??? how frequent do you want it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey