Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 02:56 PM

264 posts, read 606,133 times

Advertisements

I am trying to get some information regarding midtown NYC commute from Fanwood and Scotch Plains:

How is the parking availability at Fanwood station?

Do residents prefer the bus or train from these towns?

Seems like the commute time would end up like 80 mins..
And in general, is there a preference for one town over the other? I am seeing Fanwood homes listed for less and some are even listed under 'Scotch Plains' - why? ("to sound more appealing")? Residents, please share your opinions..thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 11:56 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazin09 View Post
I am trying to get some information regarding midtown NYC commute from Fanwood and Scotch Plains:

How is the parking availability at Fanwood station?

Do residents prefer the bus or train from these towns?

Seems like the commute time would end up like 80 mins..
And in general, is there a preference for one town over the other? I am seeing Fanwood homes listed for less and some are even listed under 'Scotch Plains' - why? ("to sound more appealing")? Residents, please share your opinions..thanks!
you are better off walking to the 112 bus you won't even have to drive for that purpose.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM

12 posts, read 51,954 times
Fanwood is a great town!! It takes an hour from Fanwood to Penn station by train and same to port authority by bus. FW and SP share the schools and use to be one years ago. If you google it You'll find all the information you need. I personally like it better then SP only bc it's very small and you get to know everyone here. If you have kids even better bc there's always something on , party, bbq's etc. A lot of ppl here commute to the city everyday. You always find parking in the daily lot and that's $5 a day. So commuters use both trains or/and buses, for me it depends on the weather. If there is snow or heavy rain then I take the train but do take the bus. The bus is 113x., 113s and 113n.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: