Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 04:07 PM

55 posts, read 176,937 times

Advertisements

Signing a contract on a house in Jefferson. If anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated as we are totally new to the area. NY transplants.

1. Protestant Church
2. Home Inspector
3. Contractor - need Kitchen, wood floors and tile work
4. Painter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM

138 posts, read 509,929 times
I'm shocked and disappointed your Realtor isn't assisting you with those details. These aren't unusual questions you're asking and they should have an arsenal of resources for you. Have you asked them to help you out with this?

I live in the Oak Ridge section of Jefferson Twp, but don't know of any Protestant churches in the area. There may be one in a neighboring area. If you go to the Jefferson Township website, there's an information packet there for you to review. You'll find it on the home page.

Good luck!

Old 04-30-2011, 08:16 AM

55 posts, read 176,937 times
Hi Antoinette, our Realtor is great. We started our house hunting in Hackettstown a little over a year ago. She has proven to us that she is very competent, loyal and always looking out for our best interest. I don't know how many other real estate agents would spend over a year and show customers over 50 homes all around Northern New Jersey. She sent us listings everyday and some listings before realtor.com. I met her at an open house and we have become closer than family. I am more than happy to pm anyone with her information. Most real estate agents I've come across were very pushy and I got a I always felt pressured. All real estate agents get paid on commission some real estate agents would sell you anything just to get that check.

That being said. She has provided us with an inspector, lawyer and contractors. Since she is a little bit west and suggested people closer there I was looking for opinions from people in the area. I am from Queens/LI. My family is very old school. My family has always taught me to be part of a community and support local business.

Thanks for your input

Old 05-01-2011, 12:04 PM

138 posts, read 509,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdanielj View Post
Hi Antoinette, our Realtor is great. We started our house hunting in Hackettstown a little over a year ago. She has proven to us that she is very competent, loyal and always looking out for our best interest. I don't know how many other real estate agents would spend over a year and show customers over 50 homes all around Northern New Jersey. She sent us listings everyday and some listings before realtor.com. I met her at an open house and we have become closer than family. I am more than happy to pm anyone with her information. Most real estate agents I've come across were very pushy and I got a I always felt pressured. All real estate agents get paid on commission some real estate agents would sell you anything just to get that check.

That being said. She has provided us with an inspector, lawyer and contractors. Since she is a little bit west and suggested people closer there I was looking for opinions from people in the area. I am from Queens/LI. My family is very old school. My family has always taught me to be part of a community and support local business.

Thanks for your input
Well, that's what I love to hear!!! Yes, the life of a Realtor is a lot different that what's portrayed on the HGTV shows. More likely than showing 3 homes and then putting in an offer is the reality of a long-term search until the right home comes up. I'm glad your experience is a positive one; just didn't get that impression initially!

Good luck!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 AM

131 posts, read 605,214 times
I spend with my clients about a year and a half to look for a house every weekend we looked at different houses until they found what they were looking for. Thats the record for me a year and half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey