Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, this just shows how right he was to cancel the plan. The Feds would have pushed all the costs on to us.

Look at it this way, you hire a contractor to build your house but he won't tell you how much it will cost until he is done. Would you do it?
Actually Christie lied about the Cost overruns , so he wasn't right.... The Feds wouldn't push all the costs onto us , look at the WTC project , and other projects , they just pay the rest of the costs.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Record corporate profits the last 2 years. Companies are sitting on piles of cash and making due with over-worked staff. Which means we should stop giving corporate welfare to oil companies and Panasonic to move 10 miles intra-state and to those Xanadu idiots. You want to make a huge mess in the Meadowlands, you take the hit. I personally won't shop at that POS if it ever gets done, and I doubt it will.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Hopefully the US govt stops subsidizing the Oil & Air Companies which would open the gates for Private Rail , Boat , and more bus companies to compete at fair rate like it used to be before the Govt ruined it all.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Hopefully the US govt stops subsidizing the Oil & Air Companies which would open the gates for Private Rail , Boat , and more bus companies to compete at fair rate like it used to be before the Govt ruined it all.
Good points Nexis!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
While I agree with you to a point, I believe you've got to look further than that. A LOT further.

How did those jobs become overseas jobs? Did unions push for NAFTA?

Are the unions the greedy ones who will push their jobs overseas so that slave and child labor, and earth-killing practices will fill their pockets further and faster? We worked hard in this country to build environmentally sound systems, only to be taken over by the greed of the elite who decided to trash our way of life in favor of the mighty dollar. No THEIR almighty dollar. Screw the Earth for future generations, who cares? As long as their pockets are full. This is not a union practice.

Are the unions controlling our fuel prices? Or is it Wall Street thugs?

Did the unions take away the pensions and benefits and jobs of American Workers? Or was it the greedy business owners?

Did unions make people lose their homes? Or was it the banksters, wall street thugs, and the elite and corporate lobbyists who pushed for laws that made their heartless, avarice-driven practices the norm in this country, and the world?

Sorry, I think I can look further that the end of my nose here. I smell a rat, and it AIN'T the unions.

But I guess you're another one who feels the American Dream was only meant for the ruling class.
WOW, great post PVS. Can't rep ya yet.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Unions create minimum wage jobs here because real skilled jobs get shipped overseas because they can do same job for less money since no money grubbing unions exist.
Unions were need back in the early 1900's when poor work conditions existed. Now, Unions are killing this country (see Detroit) with bankrupting states (aka see NJ)
If you have watch "waiting for superman" you will see why jobs are shipped overseas. It is not cheaper. It is because employers cannot find the skill sets they are looking for here. If I am an employer, and can hire them here, I would. Why would I want to deal with policies from two different countries to save a few $?

Since the creation of BOE, every graduating class just got more stupid.

Look at where Google, Apple, MS, Golden, etc do their recruiting. They go to private school, not public school.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Default Since the creation of BOE, every graduating class just got more stupid.

I don't think this is too bright of a statement. The BOE has been around for some time.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Record corporate profits the last 2 years. Companies are sitting on piles of cash and making due with over-worked staff. Which means we should stop giving corporate welfare to oil companies and Panasonic to move 10 miles intra-state and to those Xanadu idiots. You want to make a huge mess in the Meadowlands, you take the hit. I personally won't shop at that POS if it ever gets done, and I doubt it will.
You know, I think that is the best description of Xanadu that I've ever heard.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:06 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
While I agree with you to a point, I believe you've got to look further than that. A LOT further.

How did those jobs become overseas jobs? Did unions push for NAFTA?

Are the unions the greedy ones who will push their jobs overseas so that slave and child labor, and earth-killing practices will fill their pockets further and faster? We worked hard in this country to build environmentally sound systems, only to be taken over by the greed of the elite who decided to trash our way of life in favor of the mighty dollar. No THEIR almighty dollar. Screw the Earth for future generations, who cares? As long as their pockets are full. This is not a union practice.

Are the unions controlling our fuel prices? Or is it Wall Street thugs?

Did the unions take away the pensions and benefits and jobs of American Workers? Or was it the greedy business owners?

Did unions make people lose their homes? Or was it the banksters, wall street thugs, and the elite and corporate lobbyists who pushed for laws that made their heartless, avarice-driven practices the norm in this country, and the world?

Sorry, I think I can look further that the end of my nose here. I smell a rat, and it AIN'T the unions.

But I guess you're another one who feels the American Dream was only meant for the ruling class.
PVS, that's a letter to the editor right there. Send to the Star-Ledger.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So you feel that government ruined it all and needs to be out of the business of subsidizing one industry over another?

Excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey