Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 AM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJfinancingcorp View Post
Ann77 - you think what Christie did was " Cool & Admirable" ?

LoL! Holy. Please tell me you're a teen or some minor. Because if not, God save New Jersey !

Admirable ??? This is not a Britney Spears or Eminem concert. Nor is this Brad Pitt coming out of a helicopter in a movie shoot. Can you explain to all of us Ann how you came to the conclusion of calling the Governor's behavior "admirable".

First of all, Brad & Angelina, Britney & Hannah can land in any field with any helicopter they want. Who cares? Its their Money !!!

Christie & his wife decide to make a grand entrance & earn high fives for their son from teammates at Delbarton Green at the expense of $2,500 dollars per hour of tax payers money???

If this Obama couple did this exact thing, would you call Barack & Michelle cool & admirable?

In my 55 years in this earth, I do not recall a President or any Governor of the United States ever openly & arrogantly use tax payers money to pull off what transpired for the sake of a son's sporting event.
Ok, so what do you think about Michelle Obama's big expensive mother-daughter trip to Spain last year that cost the taxpayers $250,000?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Love it. The news papers, radio and TV r calling it CHOPPERGATE. If he didn't preach fiscal responsibility and cutting things at every interview and town hall meeting I wouldn't even care.
It's better than WEINERGATE.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
It's better than WEINERGATE.
I think wienergate is better than choppergate.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Going to see one's child in a play or a sporting event is indeed a very nice thing for a parent to do. Cool and admirable? While not my choice of words, this is a nice gesture--under the right circumstances.

In this case, the circumstances involve a chief executive whose mantras are "shared sacrifice" and "cut state expenses". And, no matter what Col. Fuentes's statement might be on this matter, the bottom line is that this DID cost several thousand $$ of taxpayer money.

For someone who has criticized all manner of public employees to do something like this is at least ill-advised and likely represents a sense of entitlement on his part.

Even if he thinks that he is right (as usual), some humility on his part (for the first time) would go a long way with voters. Since even the conservative commentators are turning on him for this bone-headed move, he should realize that it is time to make a contrite statement and to reimburse the state for the cost of this extravagance.

So, yes, I do think that Ann has consumed too much Kool-Aid if she really thinks that it is cool and admirable for the "cost-cutting governor" to play Dad at the taxpayer's expense.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM

137 posts, read 249,329 times
CC refuses to pay back the $2500 the heli ride cost....the rules are different for the gov....he is entitled....NOT!!!!
Practice what you preach Gov!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Going to see one's child in a play or a sporting event is indeed a very nice thing for a parent to do. Cool and admirable? While not my choice of words, this is a nice gesture--under the right circumstances.

In this case, the circumstances involve a chief executive whose mantras are "shared sacrifice" and "cut state expenses". And, no matter what Col. Fuentes's statement might be on this matter, the bottom line is that this DID cost several thousand $$ of taxpayer money.

For someone who has criticized all manner of public employees to do something like this is at least ill-advised and likely represents a sense of entitlement on his part.

Even if he thinks that he is right (as usual), some humility on his part (for the first time) would go a long way with voters. Since even the conservative commentators are turning on him for this bone-headed move, he should realize that it is time to make a contrite statement and to reimburse the state for the cost of this extravagence.

So, yes, I do think that Ann has consumed too much Kool-Aid if she really thinks that it is cool and admirable for the "cost-cutting governor" to play Dad at the taxpayer's expense.
Why don't you comment on the Michelle Obama swanky Spain trip question I wrote above? $250,000 cost to the taxpayers while we were at 10% unemployment. Since you have so much to say on these matters.

By the way, "Kool-Aid" is such a cliche. Think of something more original.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJfinancingcorp View Post
Ann77- don't worry about it. You are not a public official. Nor have you spent our taxpayers money. Relax. You'll be fine.

We can all live with you Ann. As long as we don't have too many of you in New Jersey.

The last time I checked, traits like Ignorance, Lack of Education, Lack of Comprehension, screwed-up values, and blind unconditional faith on any politician was NEVER a Crime and NEVER will be a crime.

You're fine Ann. Good Luck ! Keep posting.

There may be a talent scout lurking the forum looking for some new entertainers. You would be a strong candidate.
You are so sweet.

Hugs and kisses.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
All much ado about nothing. As long as he keeps cutting government and busting unions, it's all good. He can take the helicopter to 7-11 everyday to pick up cat food and Wonderbread - it's fine by me.
I totally agree. Well said.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
This thread is the perfect example of why politics will never get any better in NJ or the US. The vast majority either want to make this in to way more than it is or want to completely ignore it depending on where they fall on the political spectrum.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 AM

573 posts, read 971,133 times
It's crap like this that makes me think he is above it all and can do whatever the hell he wants.

He wants people to like him? How about traveling like the rest of us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey