Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 859 times

Advertisements

I would Recommend The Learning Experience of Edison on Woodbridge Ave. We couldn't be happier with Them. The entire staff is out for the best in our children and setting a great foundation. Their curriculum is above anything else you will find. We just started at TLE, But honestly we 1st toured this facility a couple years ago. We've been recommending them to everyone for years before we even registered ourselves. We liked them so much and they left a lasting impression. Miss Bianca is Great, as is the entire staff, they all help our daughter to learn as well as have fun doing it. I will continue to recommend everyone looking for a daycare/school learning environment for their young children, They continue to impress us, as well as make us comfortable leaving our child in their care while we go off to work. The security is top notch, as is their edge in the technology department of facilities in the area. The facility is always so clean, and bright with colors as well. They always are showing off the children's work. Thank You for everything. Take a tour and you too will fall in love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 07:56 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,603 times
i hope the original poster has found a center by now seeing as her kid is probably 4 by now...

on topic though

i had my 6 month old in bright horizons in somerset for a month, it was an agonizing month till i was able to find another daycare. dirty, infections all the time (rules were never enforced when kids where sick sick, not just a cold) and all the toys were passed around and plush (violation) cribs were in violations, i could go on. fulltime for an infant was 1350/month

my daughter is at creme de la creme now in bridgewater and the place is seriously spotless, i come in at random hours and their full time cleaning staff is always cleaning something. the infants are much better taken care of since they are split by movement capabilities (bright horizons was immobile to walking in the same room). i pick up a happy clean kid instead of a crying, upset, dirty kid now. 1600/mo

i've heard great things about bright horizons but i guess the one i went to didnt live up to the brand name.

anyone thinking of daycare should do as many UNannouced visits as possible before choosing, and NEVER assume what you see at an open house is what you get

Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,152,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
i hope the original poster has found a center by now seeing as her kid is probably 4 by now...

on topic though

i had my 6 month old in bright horizons in somerset for a month, it was an agonizing month till i was able to find another daycare. dirty, infections all the time (rules were never enforced when kids where sick sick, not just a cold) and all the toys were passed around and plush (violation) cribs were in violations, i could go on. fulltime for an infant was 1350/month

my daughter is at creme de la creme now in bridgewater and the place is seriously spotless, i come in at random hours and their full time cleaning staff is always cleaning something. the infants are much better taken care of since they are split by movement capabilities (bright horizons was immobile to walking in the same room). i pick up a happy clean kid instead of a crying, upset, dirty kid now. 1600/mo

i've heard great things about bright horizons but i guess the one i went to didnt live up to the brand name.

anyone thinking of daycare should do as many UNannouced visits as possible before choosing, and NEVER assume what you see at an open house is what you get
In regards to TLE: YMMV. My place sucked! We had similar experience at TLE in Waldwick as Penga mentioned with his old place. I guess the old addage of don't judge a book by its cover applies to daycares. TLE seemed clean, new and everyone was soooo friendly when we first visited.

We started our 6 month old at TLE back in November 2014 and we finally pulled him out at the end of January 2015. They had 12 babies with 3 teachers but not all of the teachers were there at any given time. 2 out of the 3 teachers were great but to no fault of theirs, they were just simply overwhelmed. Kids were crying everywhere, toys being shared, nothing cleaned, no air purifiers, small room etc. Another family pulled their baby few weeks before ours for similar reasons. We did unannounced visits thorughout January and that's when they started kissing our a$$. Too little too late... $1250/mth which included a 10% discount from my company.

We just switched him to a daycare in Wyckoff where they place all dirty toys in a "dirty" box after a child has played with them. They then clean each toy with baby-safe disinfectant and air dry them. They won't wipe them down with towels since germs stick to towels. The baby:teacher ratio is much better as well (7 babies to 3 teachers) and the nursery is almost 3x the size of TLE.

So far so good at the new place. My son's happy/healthy and I never hear babies crying in the nursery when I go for drop-off or pick-up. None of the kids are sick with snot running down their noses. At TLE, every single baby was sick... $1450/mth at the new place. Well worth the extra $200.

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 02-12-2015 at 09:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey