Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 PM

6 posts, read 70,743 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here lives in Monroe and commute to NYC by bus from 8A park & Ride? If so, can you give me some comment about the commute? On the schedule it says that it only takes 1 hour, but how realiable is the service? is it really 1 hour or it usually takes more time?
Really appreciate your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 08:54 PM

144 posts, read 449,187 times
Yes, it's the last stop before the bus go straight to the Turnpike. It's an hour to Port Authority, it's a nice & smooth commute unless there're accidents or weather related delays, then it's anyones guess. The buses come frequently during the rush hours, one goes downtown too.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 AM

Thanks culater88. Just wondering, how do you like Monroe? I am thinking about buying a new house from southfield estate from Renaissance Properties. do you have any comment on the area, school, etc.
really appreciate your reply.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 AM

25 posts, read 186,845 times
I am also looking for New cons/ or fairly new house in Monroe, NJ and like to know some reviews regarding school, area, commute.. I am interesetd in Southfield estate as well as Stratford community by hallmark homes.
sjiang80, did u get a chance to negotiate the price for sourthfield estate with Renaissance properties for your dealing?

any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 AM

hiworld1, we have not negotiate anything yet. but seems to me they are offering more incentive than the first time I visited, they are offering a free vacation in addition to the $25000 free upgrade. We will visit them again with an agent in the coming month.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 PM

300 posts, read 913,547 times
we reserved lot at Stratford at mission drive section. Even though lots are very narrow, I prefer that as I get longer backyard. Infact I find mission drive lots better than regular lots.

Though builder is offering no incentive.

Search for stratford and you will see other cons and pros i listed out in other threads

Old 09-25-2007, 02:59 PM

practicalposts,
I saw your previous post. I think I want to wait until early next year to reserve a lot. housing market is still going down. I feel there will be more incentive.
Commute is a big concern for me. I work in the city and usually arrive office by 7:45 and leave at around 7. my boss is actually worried that once I move to NJ, it will affect my performance.
well ... I am really tired living in the city. if I really want a big new house, then nothing shall stop me ..

Old 10-16-2007, 11:53 AM

31 posts, read 133,443 times
Hi folks: I'm just starting to look into Monroe Twp. for single family (first time buyer). Can anyone post their experience with Renaissance or anyone else there. Please tell me about your experince and price. How do you negotiate with the builder, I visited some other areas but the builder said no to neg on the base prices.....also is there any incentive to bring in a realtor? Does the realtor get any comminission from them? At what point should you ask for options list ( some were reluctant to give!). Thanks.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:19 PM

144 posts, read 449,187 times
Monroe is a nice town, it's getting a little more congested with all the new constructions. I moved here 10 years ago when it was mostly farm land. The schools are good and they are building a couple of new schools here so keep that in mind because it'll effect your property tax.
The property is reasonable for resell properties in comparison to the neighboring townships but for new constructions, they are expensive, expect to pay $10,000 + a year, depending on the location. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are a lot of senior communities in town so you have to be very patient driving around town.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 AM

24 posts, read 206,626 times
Cool Monroe - Renaissance Properties

We just bought a new construction from Renaissance Properties @ Dynasty and love it. The houses sold pretty quickly there. They did not come down on the price of the house but did give us nice incentives. Instead of using the monies towards design center, which is absolutely over-rated/expensive as hell, we decided to use the money on structural changes...extra bedroom, bathrooms, garage, higher basement ceiling, etc. The only thing that we had them upgrade was kitchen cabinets, which would have cost us a lot more outside. The downside to that was that the cabinet company they outsourced the work to did not put one inch of wood underneath the cabinet for future tiling and now it's going to cost us additional $$$ to lift the cabinets to support the tiling…cabinet company did not have any common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey