Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im having a tough time coming up with places where id deem the food "disgusting." to me, that means i have to remove the food im eating from my mouth and not continue. ive had meals that werent good, but i dont recall having to remove food from my mouth. i usually do a little research before going to a restaurant, so its not often i just walk into a random place leaving things up to chance that it may have "disgusting" food.
an overcooked steak qualifies as disgusting to me. if you like steak well done, then maybe that's not an issue. bad soup, frozen prepared food...disgusting often. etc. i don't go to random places either, but sometimes, you go out with a group and you're vote is the minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 08:53 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I think Olive Garden is OK. Certainly not my first choice, but if someone else wants to go there I'm fine with it. Same for pretty much any chain restaurant. I can find something I like.

I'm not sure I ever remember going to a restaurant and finding the food "disgusting". Maybe I order something new and don't really like it, but I don't think that is the same thing as being disgusting. That is on me for trying something I wasn't sure about.
i've gone to Batali's restaurants and tried food i truly never liked, and thought it was delicious. the point being...sometimes, food you don't really like are because you haven't had it prepared the proper way. so when i go to a restaurant with a skilled chef who takes care in designing the menu, i am usually more adventerous.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Let's put it this way...when we have guests coming in from out of town, we take 'em out for a terrific Italian meal. If they don't like Italian food we take 'em to Olive Garden.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
an overcooked steak qualifies as disgusting to me. if you like steak well done, then maybe that's not an issue.
i hate an overcooked steak. but i wont order steak in most places if i dont trust that they will cook it properly. i will also choose different cuts of steak depending on the restaurant and how i think they will be able to cook it. a dried out steak is inedible.

i try to make smart choices when i go to places and i also use coupons to further improve the value proposition.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 09-01-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-02-2011, 07:53 AM

47 posts, read 118,105 times
I like Olive Garden. Its my fav chain restaurant. Allot better than TGIF's.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:09 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendenhall View Post

What do they allot better than TGIF?
The salt?

In case you are confused about my response, the correct usage is a lot (two words).

Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendenhall View Post
That's not hard to be IMO. I went to the one on Rte 35 and it was actually inedible. It's the only time I've not eaten a meal in a restaurant. I took one bite and it was absolutely disgusting. My husband wouldn't even eat it. I've been to different locations before and liked it but this one was so bad I will never chance another Friday's again.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Personally I think steak is the biggest restaurant rip off just in front of pasta. I rarely order them out anymore. 99.9% of the time I would prefer one at home on the grill for a fraction of what they charge you for it. Plus it really isn't that hard to cook.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
an overcooked steak qualifies as disgusting to me. if you like steak well done, then maybe that's not an issue. bad soup, frozen prepared food...disgusting often. etc. i don't go to random places either, but sometimes, you go out with a group and you're vote is the minority.
Same here. As a friend of mine says, "If you cook a steak well-done, it's just RUINED." Why would you even eat a steak if all the redness and juice is gone? Just have chicken breast and save your money.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:07 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I find Ethiopian food to be gross, so I deem restaurants of that cuisine to be disgusting. But that's due to personal preference rather than the quality of the restaurant.
I will try different types of food, so I went with a group at work to a Korean place a few months ago. That's probably now highest on my list of most disgusting food. EVERYTHING smelled similar to what my fridge smelled like this past Monday after two days without power. I couldn't eat any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey