Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 5,993 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are moving from Wisonsin to Nj, Mmy work place will be in Florham park and my husband's work place will be in Bloomfield, we are looking for a rental place with a good school district.

Please any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 06:29 PM

91 posts, read 205,697 times
Brookdale section in Bloomfield. Parkway is in your backyard.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM

any idea about good apartments in that area.

Thanks

Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM

It's a very very nice neighborhood. I'm not sure of rentals though. Nutley is also a great town with a great school system and has the parkway/rt3/turnpike in your back yard. I can only speak for those 2 areas. Both will b a great commute for your hubby, about a 40-60 minute ride for you depending on your schedule.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:42 PM

Thanks a lot , but I really want my hubby to be driving so much rather than me... anything else near florham park you can suggest.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM

None. But I'm sure others on here could help with that area in NJ. I'm only useful north of exit 151 on the parkway. Lol

Old 08-28-2011, 08:05 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,453,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanwal123 View Post
Hi,

We are moving from Wisonsin to Nj, Mmy work place will be in Florham park and my husband's work place will be in Bloomfield, we are looking for a rental place with a good school district.

Please any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Perhaps we can give you more suggestins if you can provide us with more information on your needs/wants and budget. See the sticky thread at the top of this forum for more ideas of what info is needed.

KoalaNJ

Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Thanks as of now main criteria is rentals near florham park with good elementary school... Budget around 2 to 2.5k a month....

Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM

143 posts, read 302,411 times
Not Bloomfield! Some of the elementary schools are apparently okay, but the high school isn't. Think gangs. Really. I'm not kidding. I know someone who went there. There are plenty of cheap rentals in Bloomfield but it is not the best town to live in. It is not called Doomfield for nothing.

Florham Park is a really nice town and the elementary schools are good but the high school is average. Still much better than Bloomfield, though.

Livingston is a very nice town with excellent schools, and it is between F.P. and Bloomfield. The high school is better than either F.P. and Bloomfield. I don't know much about renting in Livingston, though.

There are also the Caldwells (West Caldwell, Caldwell, and the extremely wealthy North Caldwell). There is Montclair, but that is right near Bloomfield.

These are all expensive towns to live in.

http://realestate.nj.com/new-jersey/...gston/for-rent

http://realestate.nj.com/new-jersey/...dwell/for-rent

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm.../Florham-Park/

Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,453,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanwal123 View Post
Thanks as of now main criteria is rentals near florham park with good elementary school... Budget around 2 to 2.5k a month....

There are many places that you will find good schools and housing within your budget....to narrow things down a bit please provide more info. Are you wanting a very rural area or a more urban area. Do you want a town with Colleges? Do you want a walkable downtown area with shopping and restaurants? Is being near mass transit important? (though you should know that mass transit in this area is mainly aimed for those commuting into Newark, Jersey City and Manhattan) Are public open spaces and parks important, are you an "outdoorsman" type of family. Will both you and your hubby have cars, or is one of you going to rely on mass transit to get to work? Are you looking for an apartment, townhouse, condo, or rental house? (If you want a house, do you want a small "city lot", or more room/acreage?) What recreational activities do you want nearby? Are your kids in elementary or HS? (some towns use regional HS or are sending district to another nearby community for HS)

Honestly to give you good suggestions and info we need more info to go on! Feel free to private message me with the info if you do not wish to post that info in a public forum. (I am not a realtor, just someone who has lived in this area for a long time.)

KoalaNJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey