Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

When is the city of Hoboken going to upgrade Washington Street , more so the cross-walks and signals which are dangerous and out of date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM

51 posts, read 130,471 times
Signals? What signals?

It's insane that the busiest street in Hoboken doesn't have walk/don't walk electronic signals with timers.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:01 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Electronic signals?
How about something as basic as stop signs?

I can recall--not that many years ago--that many intersections in Hoboken had no stop signs in any direction.

It is possible that they have rectified this situation since the last time that I drove there, but I have better sense than to drive to Hoboken nowadays. I park my car at Journal Square, in the Port Authority parking garage, and take the PATH train to Hoboken. This is much better than driving into the automotive hell known as Hoboken.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:59 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
What for? It thins the frat boy herd

Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,030,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
What for? It thins the frat boy herd
Normally I'd advocate improved pedestrian safety measures in any community, but your argument silences me. I endorse this.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
I can't tell you how many times I've driven through Hoboken to go to the PATH to pick up my wife and pedestrians just do not look when they cross the street...

I'm wondering when they're going to fix the damn roads in Hoboken...I'm so glad I'm not paying crazy property taxes there...who knows what it all goes too...certainly not the schools or the roads...

Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I can't tell you how many times I've driven through Hoboken to go to the PATH to pick up my wife and pedestrians just do not look when they cross the street...

I'm wondering when they're going to fix the damn roads in Hoboken...I'm so glad I'm not paying crazy property taxes there...who knows what it all goes too...certainly not the schools or the roads...

They just fixed the PATH PED crossing , but that's not the issue. Washington Street needs to be overhauled and they might aswell add in the Blind PED crosswalk helpers like White Plains has and few other cities... For the amount of $$$ you pay to live in Hoboken , the streets should be payed with Gold and the sidewalks should be made from silver.....most of the sidewalks are broken and dangerous themselves...

Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
They just fixed the PATH PED crossing , but that's not the issue. Washington Street needs to be overhauled and they might aswell add in the Blind PED crosswalk helpers like White Plains has and few other cities... For the amount of $$$ you pay to live in Hoboken , the streets should be payed with Gold and the sidewalks should be made from silver.....most of the sidewalks are broken and dangerous themselves...
Paved with gold...................... Paved.
At least get the saying right if you are going to criticize. You keep losing credibility by the post.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
When is the city of Hoboken going to upgrade Washington Street , more so the cross-walks and signals which are dangerous and out of date.
how about the lights at the intersection. half the time i can't even see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey