Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:50 AM

115 posts, read 381,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
* Freehold doesn't have many McMansions.
Really?

Quote:
* While I'm sure Paterson has many friendly Blacks and Hispanics, it doesn't have a whole lot of friendly Whites.
If you look at where the dot of Paterson is, it actually does fall within the poor minorities category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 01:11 PM

756 posts, read 2,118,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I see more strip malls along 130, but see just as many abandoned storefronts. Burlington/W'boro/Edgewater Park/Cinnaminson/etc - look strangely identical to 1987 (save the few developments that have popped up).

My IL's use the Riverline occasionally, but mostly to take the grandkids on a train ride.
I think the RiverLine is more useful for use to Trenton and points north than it is for Philly access.

Route 130 has a lot of retail, but still not enough upscale retail. And by upscale - I mean mid-range really such as Kohl's, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble and more, have not opened up on that road.

But they did get a Famous Footwear in the Shoppes at Cinnaminson. Famous Footwear left EastGate Square in Mt.Laurel - likely because of too much competition, or high rent.

The map has Burlington Township and areas near I295/Turnpike in the Crumbling Industry category. Ouch. It should be painted in the Happy Families (not just Happy White Families). Some areas in Camden County outside of Camden, are poor areas, but aren't depicted any differently.

Last edited by avg12; 12-11-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 03:31 PM

115 posts, read 381,598 times
Quote:
The map has Burlington Township and areas near I295/Turnpike in the Crumbling Industry category. Ouch. It should be painted in the Happy Families (not just Happy White Families). Some areas in Camden County outside of Camden, are poor areas, but aren't depicted any differently.
Compared to other areas of New Jersey South Jersey is crumbling industry. Get off 130 and drive the river road from Bordentown to Burlington Twp. Eye opening.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 PM

47 posts, read 139,007 times
It's pretty much accurate but you won't find Jews in South Edison! Where those execs driving their Benzes is where you will find a lot of Jewish communities such as Millburn, Livingston, East Hanover and Verona. They're also in the "Middle Class Raritan Valley Line" areas to! Westfield and Cranford aren't middle-class!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,130,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherno View Post
1) Really?

2) If you look at where the dot of Paterson is, it actually does fall within the poor minorities category.
1) The Township probably does, but does the borough have McMansions? I didn't think it did, but I could be wrong.

2) Alright. I see it.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmocha413 View Post
It's pretty much accurate but you won't find Jews in South Edison! Where those execs driving their Benzes is where you will find a lot of Jewish communities such as Millburn, Livingston, East Hanover and Verona. They're also in the "Middle Class Raritan Valley Line" areas to! Westfield and Cranford aren't middle-class!
It's a spoof why don't people understand that?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:33 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
I thought it was pretty funny and for the most part accurate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey