Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 08:30 PM

10 posts, read 16,675 times

Advertisements

I am looking for luxury townhouse rentals in this area - preferably something that was built in the last 3 years or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
is it important to be in the town of holmdel, or is a nearby town ok? im not aware of something built that recently. i know someone that lives in the woods and he seems happy there.

Welcome to The Woods at Holmdel

Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM

No, it does not have to be - but close by. I looked at the Woods and was not happy with them - kind of outdated.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar22 View Post
No, it does not have to be - but close by. I looked at the Woods and was not happy with them - kind of outdated.
i also think most units in the woods dont have basements.

there is the village at chapel hill in middletown right near whole foods and harmony glen in middletown near shoprite. i believe they are both newer communities. ive seen them just by driving by, dont know anything about them.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 PM

Thanks Captain. Yes, I am definitely looking for a basement. A realtor I spoke to said there was nothing available at Chapel Hill. It seems there is very little construction going on right now in that area. I am wondering if there might be anything in Middlesex County closer to the parkway? I am not familiar with the towns there.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
There are new townhouses in Shrewsbury built by Hovnanian. Don't know any details about them, but I see signs and advertisements for them. You should be able to find them with a Google search.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM

Thanks, but I am looking to move more north of that as I will have to make frequent trips to Montclair.

Yikes! Hovnanian! I live in a Hovnanian built townhouse now and swore I would never move into another one. They are poorly built, cheaply made and not very soundproof. The roof leaked on day one and they are not very good about fixing things. There have been a ton of complaints by people who bought these homes where I live.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:58 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Oh OK. Shrewsbury's about 5 miles south/next exit down from Holmdel, so I figured it was in your neighborhood.

My sister owned a Society Hill townhouse and said it was cheaply made, too.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:19 PM

Good to know. Thanks. Does anyone know of townhouses that people do not have complaints about?

Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar22 View Post
Thanks Captain. Yes, I am definitely looking for a basement. A realtor I spoke to said there was nothing available at Chapel Hill. It seems there is very little construction going on right now in that area. I am wondering if there might be anything in Middlesex County closer to the parkway? I am not familiar with the towns there.
In Sayreville, La Mer off Ernston Rd in the Parlin section is close to Rt 9 and the Parkway and appears to be real high end from the outside. Don't know how old it is though or if they have basements. I knew someone who used to live in the Skytop Apartments up the road closer to 9, which is also nice but a typical apartment complex that definitely does not have basements and you will also pay property taxes aside from rent. How they get away with that I do not know. Also check out Harbor Club, also off Ernston but closer to Rt 35. I think it is a condominium, but they might have rentals in there too, even if it is a private owner leasing it out.

Avoid the other apartment complexes near there (London Terrace, Madison Gardens, Stratford etc). They are all pretty much full of third world gangbangers at this point. The town as a whole is not what it used to be and there has been a sharp decline in the school system over the last 15-20 years, but it is still relatively safe in the areas above that I suggested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey