Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 AM

6 posts, read 17,795 times

Advertisements

We have two kids not quite school age but we are looking to move. the areas we are considering are Cranbury and clinton,nj i know these school districts are great but i am looking for other schools similar to these with homes around $500,000 all replies welcome and have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Disclaimer: I am not a parent

That said, my old boss is a parent, and his kids went through the Clinton school system. I am currently in the process of buying a home in High Bridge. In both these areas (and spaces nearby, such as Annandale) have excellent schools. However, reread my disclaimer

Old 09-11-2007, 09:34 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
what is your commuting requirement? is clinton the furthest north/west for you and cranbury furthest south/east? that will help in offering districts.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 17,795 times
yes you are exactly right that is as far NW that i want to go and S that want to go i lied i guess allentown would be ok too but not further than that

Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 PM

3 posts, read 9,547 times
Default good schools

I teach in Montgomery Towship, which is a very good school district. You can find some homes in the $500 range, and many more higher. I live in Hopewell township, 13 miles from there and more convenient to major highways. Very family oriented and I feel, just as good schools. You can find homes there in your price range and again, many more higher. The towns are similar, except Montgomery has more "new" money and Hopewell Township (Pennington, Hopewll and Titusville) are more of a mix of old and new. I would choose Hopewell Twnship over Montgomery. Taxes are just a tad lower too, expecially if you buy a home that is a little older.

My home burned down in 2006 and I am selling my land, two blocks from two schools. You can build on it or I am considering building to suit. I don't need the school district anymore and am looking for lower taxes without the great schools. Feel free to contact me at jazzy08534@yahoo.com, if you need more info.

jz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey