Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM

11 posts, read 22,158 times

Advertisements

Hello All!!
Me and my husband are moving from Columbus to Plainsboro/Princeton NJ around mid April.We have looked up many 2bed apartments on the internet but have no idea about the neighborhood,safety etc.
Looked up apartmentratings.com to search for apartments on the basis of good ratings but getting confused.
Can anyone please let us know about good apartments for families 8-10 miles around Plainsboro/Princeton area?? Will really appreciate that.
Thanks!!

P.S. This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum..so sorry if I break any rules..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 AM

92 posts, read 344,878 times
My in-laws lived in Ravens Crest for a couple years. Never had any problems with crime. Would see people walking along the loop of the complex for an evening stroll. The apartments looked a bit old and could probably have used some updating, but that seems to be the case with a lot of apartments.

If you don't like what you see with the apartments, may want to look at some of the condos in that area as a lot of people buy them and then rent them out.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,049,310 times
Agree Plainsboro has a lot of apartments for rent.
Plainsboro Apartments for Rent - Apartment Rental Listings in Plainsboro, NJ on ApartmentGuide.com

Plainsboro is a very safe town. We have friends in Hunters Glen, they have no complaints.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM

901 posts, read 2,247,994 times
You could walk around Plainsboro at 2am with $100 bills taped all over your body and nothing would happen.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
You could walk around Plainsboro at 2am with $100 bills taped all over your body and nothing would happen.
True. I've done it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:32 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,941,885 times
Any of the apartments in the Princeton Meadows conglomerate would be fine; Hunters Glen, Quail Ridge, Ravens Quest, Deer ??? I've know people that have lived in all of them throughout the last 30 years and have even gone on to buy town homes or single family homes because of the area, open spaces, walking trails, proximity to Routes 1 & 130, just the general location and ease/access to needed amenities. Depending on what your budget is, you may want to look at some of the condos that people have purchased, but haven't sold; opting to rent instead until the market recovers.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 PM

11 posts, read 22,158 times
Thanks all for your inputs! We looked up quite a few apts like Quailridge,fox run etc in plainsboro as you guys had suggested and they seem pretty good.

Also found Avalon at princeton junction, mews at princeton junction,windsor woods,windsor commons,wyncrest at winsor around Plainsboro..Any ideas about these?? And where can I find these condos that people rent out...craigslist??
Thanks again guys!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM

901 posts, read 2,247,994 times
The ones in West Windsor are nice but the locations are poor. Most are on or right off major roads. The best thing about living in Plainsboro is you can walk to parks, library, coffee shop, bagel place, restaurants, walking trails, post office, grocery store, etc.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:57 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
What is your budget?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,771,444 times
All of the Raven Crest type places gouge you. There is a fee for everything, and even though I had a cleaning service come in before I moved out, they kept $100 of my money because the place was "dirty". There is a "[SIZE=3]amenities" fee for the pool even though it is "included". At the end of my lease I already decided to move out and had a new place and then the renewal came and they tried to up it 20%. I took the letter to the office and told them I was not renewing, and they droped it to 15%, I said I wasn't interested, then it was 10%, and then a 3rd time and it was down to 5%. When I still said no, they said that I could call the manager and he could lower it more. Just left a dirty taste in my mouth.[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey