Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:11 PM

5 posts, read 49,779 times

Advertisements

Hi ,
I am moving near Park Village,Main st Sayreville.What is the best way to commute to Wall Street,NYC.What are the best options,please tell me the nearest bus or train stations ,and it is schedule information.
thanks
New to Sayreville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 AM

687 posts, read 3,252,140 times
Probably your best bet is to take the train from South Amboy and switch to the PATH in Newark, which will take you downtown. Go to njtransit.com for schedules.

Once the ferry returns to South Amboy, though I'm not sure when that will be, that will be your best bet.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Probably your best bet is to take the train from South Amboy and switch to the PATH in Newark, which will take you downtown. Go to njtransit.com for schedules.

Once the ferry returns to South Amboy, though I'm not sure when that will be, that will be your best bet.
you could use the park and ride at the cheesquake rest area on the parkway, other than that the train is the only option other than driving. you could drive to metro park rather than south amboy, more and faster trains from there.

Why didn't you research your options before buying?

Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 AM

687 posts, read 3,252,140 times
Quote:
you could use the park and ride at the cheesquake rest area on the parkway, other than that the train is the only option other than driving. you could drive to metro park rather than south amboy, more and faster trains from there.
Yes, those are also possibilities. Though I don't think Metro Park would save much time, and any time you'd gain would probably be lost in traffic getting there. South Amboy has lots of trains--many express ones. I've even heard of people in this area who drive to Staten Island and take the ferry from there.

I'd test a few options and see which one works best for you. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:49 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,556 times
South Amboy is probably your best bet. Good luck!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:00 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_to_sayreville View Post
Hi ,
I am moving near Park Village,Main st Sayreville.What is the best way to commute to Wall Street,NYC.What are the best options,please tell me the nearest bus or train stations ,and it is schedule information.
thanks
New to Sayreville
There are also bus stops into wall street on Academy Bus Service. They do run from Sayerville. This is the bus my husband took from Rt 9 and Gordons Corner.
Ocean/Monmouth/Middlesex County Area
Atlantic City-New York
Plainsboro-Monroe-South Brunswick (Exit 8A Park & Ride)-New York (Midtown & Wall Street)
East Windsor-Monroe-South Brunswick (Exit 8A Park & Ride)-New York (Wall Street)
Cheesequake-New York (PABT & Wall Street)
Point Pleasant-Asbury Park-New York (PABT)
Oceanport-Red Bank-Lincroft-New York (Wall Street)
Jackson-New York (PABT & Wall Street)
Forked River-Brick-Monmouth-New York (PABT & Wall Street)
Lincroft-Cheesquake-Jersey City-Exchange Place
PNC Arts Center-Cheesquake-New York (PABT & Wall Street)
Sayreville-New York (Midtown & Wall Street)
Willingboro-Westhampton-New York (PABT, Midtown & Wall Street
Route 9-New York (Wall Street)
Route 35-New York (PABT)
Route 36-New York (PABT)

Bus and Ticket Info

Commuter Bus Trip New York City, NY Bus Trip, New Jersey - Bus Line, Bus Tours NJ NYC (http://www.academybus.com/commuters_overview.asp - broken link)

Diane G

Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 PM

5 posts, read 49,779 times
Thank u very much every body

Old 03-12-2009, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 15,305 times
Need bus service for Sayreville,NJ. TO Rutger's campus in NEWARK,NJ.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 AM

87 posts, read 351,904 times
There is no bus service from Sayreville to Newark--I had looked into it when I was working in Newark (I live in Sayreville) and was looking to alternatives to driving.

Best you can do, NJ Transit told me, was to take a bus to Metropark and take a train to Newark. However, the South Amboy train station is also an option. And Sayreville is supposed to be starting a local shuttle to that station sometime soon. But who knows...?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 AM

364 posts, read 826,657 times
Option 1:
There is a new bus stop by the GSP entrance ramp near the Main Street. They have parking lot as well. You might want to go there and inquire.

Let me try to give you the exact location. Drive east on Main St (behind ShopRite) towards Washington Road. When you cross an overpass (right before Washington road), you will find sign for GSP entrance on your left. The bus stop is right there.

I guess they have bus to Wall Street.

Option 2:
Bus from Old Bridge Park and Ride on Rt 9(behind Wal-Mart) . They have Wall St bus.

Option 3:
Drive to Metropark and take train to Newark. Then PATH to WTC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey