Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,604,293 times

Advertisements

I have a few co pays I want paid by company due to a fall....need a good lawyer so I"m not hassled.......ocean or monmouth county attorney.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 AM

819 posts, read 3,209,149 times
Have you tried talking to the store management or corporate? Did you file a police report? Did you go to the hospital the day it happened?
Why pay for a lawyer if you don't have to.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 AM

Default Accident.......

reported it to store the day it happened........did not file a police report........did not go to dr. that day........but have alerted store that I was going to dr becasue I was experiencing pain and still am..........

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,631 times
Quote:
reported it to store the day it happened
The fact that you fell doesn't make them negligent. You will have to show where they were cupable in the event unless they wish to settle.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Would the amount of the co pays be more than what you would pay a lawyer?

Old 06-21-2012, 10:51 AM

1,106 posts, read 4,899,841 times
I don't think the company will hassle you and they would probably much rather settle this without an attorney. Hopefully the store filled out an accident report and you requested a copy. That said, contact the store (who will probably put you in contact with a main office if they have one) and tell them what you are looking for. People slip and fall and it sounds like you are lucky enough to have Med insur. since you are just looking for a few co-pays. When I worked in retail we were trained to handle accidents very carefully in order to avoid legal action. The company would much rather pay a few dr. bills then have to get their own lawyers involved in a suit. If you want a little extra for time lost from work then request that too. I would tell them up front I didn't want to have to involve a lawyer but then, if they don't agree, get an attorney.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM

Default I'm sure they are responsible and will take responsibility.....puddles of water on floor without caution signs

i'm sure they will take responsibility........the store attendant saw the puddles where I fell after I pointed them out....there were not caution signs anywhere close in sight or near where i fell in aisle.......and I have to say in light of it all I so far no broken bones........will see what MRI says next since I am still experiencing pain and discomfort...........

Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM

391 posts, read 1,476,971 times
i'm not sure what you mean by not wanting "to be hassled". if you are only looking to be reimbursed for your out of pocket expenses, it makes no sense to go to a lawyer. as others have said, the store should be more then willing to cooperate to avoid a law suit.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:04 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
i'm sure they will take responsibility........the store attendant saw the puddles where I fell after I pointed them out....there were not caution signs anywhere close in sight or near where i fell in aisle.......and I have to say in light of it all I so far no broken bones........will see what MRI says next since I am still experiencing pain and discomfort...........
If you are sure they will take responsibility why do you want a lawyer? And be realistic. What kind of lawyer is going to take this case. There isn't exactly a big payoff coming.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Default BIG PAYOFF........Who said anything about a BIG PAYOFF......

Hey when I can't get out of bed, can't get out of the chair, can't turn to look out the car windows without pain.....I just want to make sure that I get the proper medical treatments in order to relieve myself of the constant pain that I've been in for the last few weeks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: