Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:22 AM

293 posts, read 590,100 times

Advertisements

Working in public relations in Cape May County for over 30yrs,I just don't understand why people from NY,and North Jersey come here and as hard as we work to please you and give you so much in activities and fun,you come here with such disrespect,and treat us like trash,you come here and push us around the streets, stores, eateries,you trash up,curse,drink,drug,and destroy the area you say you love to visit.We try and help you with information and we don't talk fast enough for you,and your texting or talking on the cell phone while where trying to help you.Why don't you come here and try and treat our towns with respect,and just like you all keep saying you want from us.So then we will be more happy your hear and not happy when you leave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 07:00 PM

143 posts, read 302,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVillasOutsider View Post
Working in public relations in Cape May County for over 30yrs,I just don't understand why people from NY,and North Jersey come here and as hard as we work to please you and give you so much in activities and fun,you come here with such disrespect,and treat us like trash,you come here and push us around the streets, stores, eateries,you trash up,curse,drink,drug,and destroy the area you say you love to visit.We try and help you with information and we don't talk fast enough for you,and your texting or talking on the cell phone while where trying to help you.Why don't you come here and try and treat our towns with respect,and just like you all keep saying you want from us.So then we will be more happy your hear and not happy when you leave
Are you sure that you work in public relations? Because that post is barely literate.

You may have had some good points to make, but your post is almost unreadable.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
Quote:
1) Public Relations FAIL.

2) Using all bold -18 points

3) Implying CMC issues are coming exclusively from North Jersey and NY folks, when I can ASSURE you shoobs from Philly and the surrounding areas can have the behavioral issues you describe as well.

4) YOU'RE.

5) YOU'RE.

6) HERE.

7) Comma, then a space.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:12 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
OK, let me try this again:

Quote:
Working in public relations in Cape May County for over 30 years, I just don't understand why people from New York and North Jersey come here. As hard as we work to please visitors and give them so much in activities and fun, they come here with such disrespect, and treat us like trash.

They come here and push us around the streets, stores, and eateries. They litter, curse, drink, drug, and destroy the area they say they love to visit. We try and help them with information, and they claim we don't talk fast enough for them. They're also texting or talking on the cell phone while we're trying to help them.

Why don't they come here and try and treat our towns with respect, just like they keep saying they want from us.

So then we will be more happy they are here and not happy when they leave.
First, you don't work in public relations. Public relations is about turning negatives into positives, not complaining. You sound more like someone who works in customer service.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Did somebody have a bad day?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
1) Public Relations FAIL.

2) Using all bold -18 points

3) Implying CMC issues are coming exclusively from North Jersey and NY folks, when I can ASSURE you shoobs from Philly and the surrounding areas can have the behavioral issues you describe as well.

4) YOU'RE.

5) YOU'RE.

6) HERE.

7) Comma, then a space.

You forgot "WE'RE".

Old 07-09-2012, 02:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
That's part of living down the shore, by the shore, at the shore. Simple advice adjust or move. When I was young we did it by going down the shore. Now I live by the shore, and at the shore and I adjust to it.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM

293 posts, read 590,100 times
I knew I get everyone mad.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,875,478 times
Hahaha. As much as it pains me though, I have to admit that shoobs from around here act the same exact way as the supposed NNJ/NY people causing you pain.

Disclaimer: I'm most likely a shoob, depends on how broadly you want to define it.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
I knew I get everyone mad.
so how does that make you better than those you claim are so disrepectful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey