Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,326,134 times

Advertisements

Gov. Christie's job approval ratings stay steady: poll - NYPOST.com

Surprised his approval is this high after spending time in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 AM

17 posts, read 26,284 times
Been back in Jersey for about two years after ten away. I feel the same way about the governor as I do the president. He inherited such a mess that I feel he is due the benefit of the doubt.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,631 times
"Doubt" is something Christie has a lot of recently. If he at least spent some time in the state working on state problems he'd get that benefit. But all he has done was attempt to bolster his own position in the political game leaving NJ a distant second. It became very obvious long ago that he sees his position in NJ a a mere stepping stone to higher things. I think he's in for a big disappointment.

Christie did inherit some major issues. Many were not of anyones fault but simply the changing times. Phara reduced size due to the industry and the changing needs and patients. Telecommunications which was a major player changed in the last ten years to the point land lines are no longer a big player. Kodak is gone due to the digital age. Printing has been hit with email, digital books and the internet.

Business didn't leave as much as it was made obsolete. The state must reinvent itself.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 AM

328 posts, read 1,049,932 times
Maybe people who give their approval to Christie are out working and trying to fix things rather than sitting here griping about him on a message board. lol....

Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,664,631 times
Quote:
out working and trying to fix things
Too bad our Governor isn't included in that group.

Must be doing a great job as he just made threats against anyone who releases the revenue figures. Want to bet AFTER the election he's either leaves the state or suddenly becomes interested in its future.

I'd love to see him succeed ...at SOMETHING. So far his interests is becoming a fixture in the Republican party.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Gov. Christie's job approval ratings stay steady: poll - NYPOST.com

Surprised his approval is this high after spending time in this forum.
This website is a pretty good measure. Some like him, some hate him and some just dont care. Honestly he will have a tough time with reelection if the dems pull a good candidate. That being said I feel he wont even run next year if its close.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Most states have started to rebound and have unemployment rates in the 7-8% territory. Whatever "comeback" Christie is crowing about isn't happening - we're almost up to 10%.

I guess corporate welfare to Atlantic City, Panasonic & Prudential haven't paid off...and never will.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:10 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Most states have started to rebound and have unemployment rates in the 7-8% territory. Whatever "comeback" Christie is crowing about isn't happening - we're almost up to 10%.

I guess corporate welfare to Atlantic City, Panasonic & Prudential haven't paid off...and never will.
Newarks added over 1,000 jobs in the past 3 months...so its working , AC is a lost cause and Xanadu crap...

Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,326,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Newarks added over 1,000 jobs in the past 3 months...so its working , AC is a lost cause and Xanadu crap...
Xanadu is awful and the personification of NJ corruption. Corzine was a horrible human being that left NJ is an awful fiscal shape. I hope karma finds him and treats him as he treated others. Thank God Obama didn't get his chance to make Corzine the head of the Fed as he wanted to do. By that point, Corzine had already lost billions of dollars of the farmers' money in MF Global. I suspect our next governor will be similar to the Corzine profile. NJ is pretty predictable in this regard. Anyone know what our pension liabilities are for NJ?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:27 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Xanadu is awful and the personification of NJ corruption. Corzine was a horrible human being that left NJ is an awful fiscal shape. I hope karma finds him and treats him as he treated others. Thank God Obama didn't get his chance to make Corzine the head of the Fed as he wanted to do. By that point, Corzine had already lost billions of dollars of the farmers' money in MF Global. I suspect our next governor will be similar to the Corzine profile. NJ is pretty predictable in this regard. Anyone know what our pension liabilities are for NJ?
Xanadu wasn't Corzine it was a 2003 project...and Corzine for the most part wasn't that bad...at least he didn't abuse certain state privileges or act like ass-hole....or travel around the state and talk but do nothing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey