Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times

Advertisements

Just checking in to find out how Joisey is doing. Is there snow along with all this stupid rain? I saw lots of breaching of walls here on our coast on the news so assume you guys do too?? Gawd, like i told NY, nothing like pouring a ton of salt on your wounds. I wish you all the best and still thinking about all who can not be here because they still don't have power.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:07 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Just checking in to find out how Joisey is doing. Is there snow along with all this stupid rain? I saw lots of breaching of walls here on our coast on the news so assume you guys do too?? Gawd, like i told NY, nothing like pouring a ton of salt on your wounds. I wish you all the best and still thinking about all who can not be here because they still don't have power.

Would you like it if I asked how all the Ma$$h0les are doing up there? Thanks for asking, but you're starting out on the wrong foot.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,825,243 times
I'm not sure where that term ever began, but I have never, seriously never, heard Jersey pronounced Joisey. We need to put that one to bed.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I'm not sure where that term ever began.
Bugs Bunny, I think. He's from Brooklyn.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Would you like it if I asked how all the Ma$$h0les are doing up there? Thanks for asking, but you're starting out on the wrong foot.
Yes, as a matter of fact I would like it. Means some one from somewhere else was thinking abut "us". Man, you've got a really p*ss poor attitude, dude. I see not all of them live in Mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I'm not sure where that term ever began, but I have never, seriously never, heard Jersey pronounced Joisey. We need to put that one to bed.
It's my own thing, Sunlight. From hearing people from Joisey and Brooklyn say it. I use it as a term of "endearment". Grow some skin for crying out loud!

Sorry I even tried to be friendly with you people. Go pound all your sand that washed up. Jerks.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Yes, as a matter of fact I would like it. Means some one from somewhere else was thinking abut "us". Man, you've got a really p*ss poor attitude, dude. I see not all of them live in Mass.

It's my own thing, Sunlight. From hearing people from Joisey and Brooklyn say it. I use it as a term of "endearment". Grow some skin for crying out loud!

Sorry I even tried to be friendly with you people. Go pound all your sand that washed up. Jerks.

That's real nice. Kinda makes me embarrassed to be a transplanted New Englander. Just consider for a moment that "your own thing" may not be received as a term of "endearment".

Gee, I wonder how it would be received in Texas after a hurricane if you just popped in and said "Howdy, how y'all doing after that thar hurricane?"

Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
Quote:
New Jersey is fine, thanks for asking. Please stop trying to be cute though with "Joisey".

Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
That's real nice. Kinda makes me embarrassed to be a transplanted New Englander. Just consider for a moment that "your own thing" may not be received as a term of "endearment".

Gee, I wonder how it would be received in Texas after a hurricane if you just popped in and said "Howdy, how y'all doing after that thar hurricane?"
You all are just unbelievable. I have never come across so much animosity for just being polite and wondering how's it going? A simple, polite question wondering if anyone was having more issues because of the Nor'easter. Do you still have power? Does anyine you know having more difficulties because of this storm? Simple answers to a simple and concerned question.

BTW, I DO call Texas and ask my daughter and a friend how they are doing after they have their hurricanes. They have no problems, why do you bunch do?

Must be the flakes are falling in here too.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
New Jersey is fine, thanks for asking. Please stop trying to be cute though with "Joisey".
No one had a problem with my concern last week or my being funny with my "acccent". Get over yourselves.

What do you people do when a person from Brooklyn or that type of accent says "Joisey" as part of a conversation? Punch 'em in the mouth or sumppin'???

You are welcome.

Forget I even asked. Mod, would you please just delete this whole stupid thread? Thank you.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 11-08-2012 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 04:50 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
It is not a cute accent or term of endearment, as you can see from the responses. Seems like you are the one who needs to get over yourself when others trying to tell you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey