Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,931,254 times

Advertisements

Gives him best chance at President in 4 or 8 years. He seems bi-partisan. What do you think?

If he wants to be President it would be difficult as a Republican: #1 from NJ #2 his lambaste on his fellow Republicans.

Should be interesting........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM

396 posts, read 709,923 times
Hmmm m

Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,999,683 times
Besides his handling of Sandy, can you provide other examples of Christie being bi-partisan?

I'm sure there are a couple, but he is proud to be a Republican.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:44 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,931,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Besides his handling of Sandy, can you provide other examples of Christie being bi-partisan?

I'm sure there are a couple, but he is proud to be a Republican.
Well he cooked Boehner today.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM

291 posts, read 391,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Gives him best chance at President in 4 or 8 years. He seems bi-partisan. What do you think?

If he wants to be President it would be difficult as a Republican: #1 from NJ #2 his lambaste on his fellow Republicans.

John, I swear that I thought the same thing today. I read an article on him going after Republicans over the Fiscal Cliff.

Man, it would be interesting.

The Republicans wouldn't know what to do with themselves. The democrats more so.

LOL

Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,421,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post

Not happening. That being said his speech today was great and honestly I disagree with some of his hypocritical positions on things I applaud him for things like today.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM

188 posts, read 191,417 times
Chris Christie is a political opportunist extraordinaire but I doubt he'll ever make the switch from Republican to Democrat. His donors are big money Republicans, Wall St. money tied to people like his brother Todd and Christie has done his best to implement the ALEC agenda in NJ like Walker in WI only with more cunning.

The only reason Christie praised Obama and is now attacking Boehner is to place himself as a "centrist" for the 2016 presidential campaign when, if you take a look at his actual record as governor, he's just another radical Republican pushing an agenda that cuts programs for middle class, seniors and poor while handing out tax breaks to millionaires.

Christie is a trickle down Republican through and through and he's only making waves now in hopes he can ride them into the White House in 2016.

Never make the mistake of trusting Chris Christie.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,034,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Not happening. That being said his speech today was great and honestly I disagree with some of his hypocritical positions on things I applaud him for things like today.
Same boat here. I've disagreed with him on just about everything over the years, but I have a lot of respect for him lately. Sandy response aside even, the bill he signed in September to modernize the state's beer laws is going to be great for existing craft brewers, aspiring brewers (friends and self included) and will allow new brewing jobs to be created locally.

I'm certainly not "anti-Christie" anymore. Might even say I kinda like the guy?

Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM

7,057 posts, read 19,346,024 times
He is awfully "mavericky"

Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM

188 posts, read 191,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
He is awfully "mavericky"
Well, based on past experience, we know how that maverick thing goes in the Republican Party, don't we?

Sen. John McCain In 2008: 'I'm A Maverick' - YouTube

McCain - "I Never Considered Myself A Maverick" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey