Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 PM

7 posts, read 11,457 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We currently live outside of Boston and my husband is doing final round interviews for a job in Manhattan on Monday. We have two kids (2 and 4) and our 4 year old boy has an IEP in preschool for high functioning autism (at this point just social concerns - no ABA, OT, etc. and is mainstreamed 100%).

I know NOTHING about New Jersey, NYC, etc. at all! HELP!

We have excellent services in MA for ASD, so I'm very nervous to even think about moving. Here are my questions:

-I don't think we would move for less than $500k/year. Would this salary get us ANYWHERE like Chatham, Madison, etc. on one income/ family of 4, seeking a house with a yard and good schools with good SPED services? (We are currently in a 4 bed/2 bath house with a nice yard that we love)

- If so, what towns have the best SPED services for HF ASD?

- I'm lost in terms of taxes per town. Is there one website that someone could point me to? I understand (much like the Boston 'burbs) that each town is VERY different in terms of taxes.

Thanks for any advice. Lost here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: