Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 10:17 AM

22 posts, read 80,997 times

Advertisements

What are some of the towns with some Russian Jewish population?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 10:42 AM

42 posts, read 131,707 times
Fair Lawn

Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM

595 posts, read 1,558,106 times
fort lee and fair lawn are the main ones im familiar with. i know there are some in woodcliff lake. ..this is all in northern jersey. there are others in central jersey i think in east brunswick, marlboro, old bridge, manalapan etc. Check with the synagogues.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,295 times
Highland Park

Old 02-21-2013, 09:18 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,882,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrek View Post
Fair Lawn
All aboard the chain-quoting Fair Lawn train.

If you're just looking for Russian-Jewish descent, pretty much the entirety of northeastern edge of Bergen county from Fort Lee on up to the New York state line (and beyond) has a lot, and there's a good chunk of people spread through the rest of the county too (although more-so north of route 4 than south generally) but if you're looking for a large amount of people who retain some of the off-the-boat Russian Jewish culture (Russian language, food, etc.), and not just people of retirement age, you're talking Fair Lawn.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM

230 posts, read 398,260 times
Default Bergen

Well, we are in Paramus, and so are few other families too. However, bigger concentration of Russian Jews, and Russian-speaking folks you'll find in Fair Lawn, but also Glen Rock, Rochelle Park, River Edge, Teanek etc. If you are looking for anything South of Bergen county there is a huge concentration of Russian Jews in Marlboro and Manalapan ( I believe it's Monmouth County?).

BTW, we also moved to Paramus after many years living in Brooklyn. Not sure if it;s relivant, but I figured it could be b/c it's a part of your screename.

These links may be helpful

Russian Yellow Pages : New Jersey

Russian Yellow Pages of New Jersey NJ, Russian Speaking Businesses in New Jersey NJ

Please let me know if you are interested in realtor services. I personally have nothing to do with real estate, but could recommend a real estate agent who worked with us back in 2008 when we moved here. Very professional, we were very happy with her services.

Hope it helps.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:15 PM

84 posts, read 296,746 times
DEFINITELY Manalapan, East Brunswick, Marlboro - TONS of Russians in Central Jersey

Old 01-13-2014, 11:38 AM

12 posts, read 23,624 times
I am Ludwik Kowalski from Fort Lee. My autobiography, "Diary of a Former Communist," has finally been translated into Polish and into Russian. Both are freely available online. The link to the Russian translation is:

http://ludkow.info/kolyma

Please verify that the link works from your computer as well. Let me know if your browser does not display Russian text. Thank you in advance,

Ludwik Kowalski kowalskiL@mail.montclair edu

P.S.
Why is this book free? Because writing it was a moral obligation, toward my parents and towards millions of other victims of Stalinism. I want it to be widely known. Please help me to find potential readers. How can this be done? By talking with your friends, either face-to-face or via the Internet (email, Facebook, etc.)

Perhaps someone will publish a formal online review of the book, in some Russian newspaper or journal. This is likely to be an effective way to find readers. I will happy to accept an invitation to a talk about my progressive evolution from one extreme to another, for example at a book club or other gathering.

Comments from readers will be appreciated (see my email address above).

Happy New Year,
Ludwik Kowalski
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey