Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 02:49 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Wow, that guy's story turned out pretty good compared to some I've seen. I can't remember his name but there was that guy who kept getting robbed because he was bringing suitcases full of cash to the strip club
He was a guy who came from Ohio or West Virginia, I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 03:59 PM

908 posts, read 1,556,576 times
What a scumbag he is to want to help his destitute friends. I guess now he's going ruin whatever pretty suburb he moves into with his loud bachata and cocaine pool parties, when he buys the mansion he's too stupid maintain, because he's Latino and has no clue how to properly handle the mighty dollar, right? Being rich is only for a certain type, and Dominican immigrant ain't that type because they are dangerous with money(sarcasm folks). That's right folks. Let's judge him on whatever jealous people can concoct in their Crystal Ball of Envy.

I don't care what anyone says. If he was white there would be NONE of this hateful, judgmental BS, and predicting, rather WISHING for his failure.

If I were him, I'd pay off all those debts, buy a nice house for the kids' mom, and go back to DR. If she has any sense she'll go back too and take that house in Dominican Republic. They can live much better in DR with that much money, the people are nicer, and he won't have jealous Americans hating him because he won & they didn't. Its just disgusting that people simply can't wish this guy & his family the best.

Señor Quezada, si usted o su hijo está leyendo esto, por favor cuida de todos sus asuntos legales, e ir a la República Dominicana. Por favor, animales celosos te comen vivo con envidia. Le deseo todo lo mejor, señor!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
What a scumbag he is to want to help his destitute friends. I guess now he's going ruin whatever pretty suburb he moves into with his loud bachata and cocaine pool parties, when he buys the mansion he's too stupid maintain, because he's Latino and has no clue how to properly handle the mighty dollar, right? Being rich is only for a certain type, and Dominican immigrant ain't that type because they are dangerous with money(sarcasm folks). That's right folks. Let's judge him on whatever jealous people can concoct in their Crystal Ball of Envy.

I don't care what anyone says. If he was white there would be NONE of this hateful, judgmental BS, and predicting, rather WISHING for his failure.

If I were him, I'd pay off all those debts, buy a nice house for the kids' mom, and go back to DR. If she has any sense she'll go back too and take that house in Dominican Republic. They can live much better in DR with that much money, the people are nicer, and he won't have jealous Americans hating him because he won & they didn't. Its just disgusting that people simply can't wish this guy & his family the best.

Señor Quezada, si usted o su hijo está leyendo esto, por favor cuida de todos sus asuntos legales, e ir a la República Dominicana. Por favor, animales celosos te comen vivo con envidia. Le deseo todo lo mejor, señor!
Estoy de acuerdo.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Estoy de acuerdo.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,080,138 times
Don't know where he's from in the DR, but I saw that Pedro Martinez used to have a caravan of security everywhere he went. Quezada might have to do the same if he moves back.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM

32,947 posts, read 36,405,132 times
Wir sehen die Dinge nicht, wie sie sind, sondern wie wir sind.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,984,450 times
Quote:
Do you have any idea how many dumb white bubbas win the lottery and blow it all on trucks with big tires, light beer, and strip bars (like the idiot I referenced in my previous post)? This thread is mostly an observation about how the lottery is mostly played by those on the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum (black, white, and otherwise), leading many liberal leaning thinktanks to call lotteries a regressive tax on the poor. For these folks, large windfalls tend to magnify their problems rather than solve them due largely to the fact that they are not very well equipped to manage money, and easily fall prey to scams and "hangers on" who end up bilking them out of their winnings. I would hope that this guy makes things right with his five kids and their mothers, but only time will tell.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Don't know where he's from in the DR, but I saw that Pedro Martinez used to have a caravan of security everywhere he went. Quezada might have to do the same if he moves back.
I once saw an interview a couple years ago with George Bell, the former major leaguer from San Pedro de Macoris. He was on the golf course with a 9-mm pistol on his hip and a couple of similarly strapped guys with him. The interviewer asked him why all the guns. He looked at the camera, incredulously, and said, "I'm rich!"

Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Do you have any idea how many dumb white bubbas win the lottery and blow it all on trucks with big tires, light beer, and strip bars (like the idiot I referenced in my previous post)? This thread is mostly an observation about how the lottery is mostly played by those on the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum (black, white, and otherwise), leading many liberal leaning thinktanks to call lotteries a regressive tax on the poor. For these folks, large windfalls tend to magnify their problems rather than solve them due largely to the fact that they are not very well equipped to manage money, and easily fall prey to scams and "hangers on" who end up bilking them out of their winnings. I would hope that this guy makes things right with his five kids and their mothers, but only time will tell.
He paid the arrears, and his kids will be living with him. It looks like he's no fool.
Powerball winner pays up back child support, invites*kids to move on in * - NY Daily News

Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,726,528 times
Quote:
what a shocker, colorfulchic pulling out the race card. her race card must be so worn out by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey