Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM

9 posts, read 25,452 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

In a few months i will be moving to the Woodbridge, NJ area and have a few questions regarding train station parking. For one, I know the two main rail stations are Woodbridge and Metropark (Metropark being the more popular out of the two). However, I noticed that the Woodbridge Monthly Parking Permit is less expensive than Metropark ($120 a quarter vs $70 a month), and was wondering if anyone would happen to know the approximate waiting time in order to obtain a Monthly Parking Permit at Woodbridge and Metropark?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM

143 posts, read 208,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialManiac88 View Post
Hello All,

In a few months i will be moving to the Woodbridge, NJ area and have a few questions regarding train station parking. For one, I know the two main rail stations are Woodbridge and Metropark (Metropark being the more popular out of the two). However, I noticed that the Woodbridge Monthly Parking Permit is less expensive than Metropark ($120 a quarter vs $70 a month), and was wondering if anyone would happen to know the approximate waiting time in order to obtain a Monthly Parking Permit at Woodbridge and Metropark?

Thanks!!
The parking in metropark is closed, in a parking garage run by a private company. As you said, it is the busier station of the two with lot more trains to NYC.
Woodbridge station has a parking lot maintained by the city, so you get a permit and pay every quarter.

As far as waiting, I suggest you apply atleast a month or 2 in advance.

BTW, where are you planning to move. There are loop buses running from most places in woodbridge/iselin area that take you to metropark and/or woodbridge. The timing of the buses correspond to the train schedule. If you have monthly pass for the trains, bus ride is free. So you may be able to save on the parking cost

Having said that, you can also park in metropark for about $5 a day(for 15 hours). You will get parking if you get to metropark by 8:30 or earlier.

Let me know if any questions.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback! For the Metro Park parking permit, I went on the Private garage's website and they dont mention anything about a waiting list (just a $70 montly parking fee). In regards to the Woodbridge Parking Permit, I am in the process of trying to contact the township to get my name on the waiting list.

I am moving to Autum Hills which is located next to Fords Park (off of Hoover Way - right off of exit 11 on the Turnpike). Do you know of any shuttles/buses that might run within walking distance to that complex that would could take me to/from the Woodbridge/Metro Park Train station?

I would be getting the Monthly Train Pass as I work in NYC 5 days a week!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! For the Metro Park parking permit, I went on the Private garage's website and they dont mention anything about a waiting list (just a $70 montly parking fee). In regards to the Woodbridge Parking Permit, I am in the process of trying to contact the township to get my name on the waiting list.

I am moving to Autum Hills which is located next to Fords Park (off of Hoover Way - right off of exit 11 on the Turnpike). Do you know of any shuttles/buses that might run within walking distance to that complex that would could take me to/from the Woodbridge/Metro Park Train station?

I would be getting the Monthly Train Pass as I work in NYC 5 days a week!
Looks like its the new community. I dont think there is a bus service around there, but might start in the future with demand. If you haven't committed yet, do take a look at Woodbridge Terrace, Woodbridge Center Plaza or Gill Lane Apartments. They are older apartments, well maintained and have bus stop in front of the community. I personally suggest Woodbridge Center Plaza.

Otherwise, try calling the number for metropark parking, you should be able to find out if there is a wait.
As I mentioned, if there is a wait in metropark, you can still park for a daily rate at $5/day if you get there earlier than 8:30

Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM

It is a new community which is why I am set on that complex! Metropark confirmed that there is no waiting list! However, does the lot fill up quickly? I would usually take a 7:00AM train so I would be there fairly early!

Old 03-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
It is a new community which is why I am set on that complex! Metropark confirmed that there is no waiting list! However, does the lot fill up quickly? I would usually take a 7:00AM train so I would be there fairly early!
Before 7 AM, the garage is not full. Most of the crowd starts from the 7:23 train. You will find plenty of space. Infact you can find it at the level where you can walk directly to platform. Good luck. Also there are trains every 10 mins between 6:30 - 7:30, so you will have no problems. Trains won't be too crowded, you can get a seat easily.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:28 PM

Thanks Qwerty! Now, how does that compare to going out of the Woodbridge Train Station? I noticed there is a 7:08AM express and that's the one I would probably target. How is the parking/ seating on the train over at Woodbridge during that time?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Yeah not crowded at all. I like the woodbridge station because crowd in station and trains s less

Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM

37 posts, read 136,093 times
I know nothing about the trains, etc. but I went to check out a model at the complex a couple of weeks ago and it is very nice. You will be close to Woodbridge Center, Menlo Park Mall and easy access to parkway, turnpike, etc. so the location is good.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM

208 posts, read 468,352 times
Metropark will take you a good 1/2 or more to actually get onto a main road depending on where you are parked and what time you leave. We used to park there an I would make sure I new which car to stand on so that I would RUN through the tunnel to get to my car to be able to get on the first que to get out. It was horrible. I can't tell you about woodbridge.... But I think it would be better. The one thing about metropark is that it was a stop on the express line. Woodbridge is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey