Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:06 PM

7 posts, read 13,298 times

Advertisements

can anybody tell me is it worth to buy house in Monroe manor, NJ
homes are by Hallmark
Prices are going up everyday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 PM

300 posts, read 914,017 times
So much misinformation, so much hatred, so much jealousy, the fact is Monroe is the last remaining towns which offers new constructions , decent school, excellent convenience, great value. If newer house is top most priority with decent school, suggest any other town that can match Monroe. North Brunswick, hills borough, south Brunswick, freehold, Howell, robins vile are close competition.
Regarding hatred towards h1 and south Asian, I think they earned it with their skill, dedication and hard work. No matter how much we are jealous about some one skill, you cannot take it from him. South Asian are good at IT and IT is in demand so they are making decent money, they are family oriented, likes to settle down and form roots. It's good overall for nj economy that they are spending money. They are jacking up price, you should be thankful they are buying, just ask someone from Detroit.

Last edited by practicalposts; 01-11-2014 at 11:50 PM..

Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
Regarding hatred towards h1 and south Asian, I think they earned it with their skill, dedication and hard work. No matter how much we are jealous about some one skill, you cannot take it from him. South Asian are good at IT and IT is in demand so they are making decent money, they are family oriented, likes to settle down and form roots.
What they are doing is lowering the overall payscale, because the companies know they can hire someone like them for LOW salary which is still a great salary compared to India but isn't for New Jersey.
These companies claim that they cannot find Americans to fill these jobs.
The reality is that these companies create below-market salaries by bringing in these workers.
Case and point is this post by another Indian: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...salary-nj.html
$75K sounds great until you realize that job really should be for a US citizen be paying more like $100K+.
But the company imports a worker for $75K.

Eventually, American companies will pay all of us 3rd world wages like in India.
Wait. We're almost there.
I am sure you will like that. You'll be dancing in the street when they start importing workers for your job.

Last edited by ieee488; 01-12-2014 at 07:48 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 02:57 PM

300 posts, read 914,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
What they are doing is lowering the overall payscale, because the companies know they can hire someone like them for LOW salary which is still a great salary compared to India but isn't for New Jersey.
These companies claim that they cannot find Americans to fill these jobs.
The reality is that these companies create below-market salaries by bringing in these workers.
Case and point is this post by another Indian: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...salary-nj.html
$75K sounds great until you realize that job really should be for a US citizen be paying more like $100K+.
But the company imports a worker for $75K.

Eventually, American companies will pay all of us 3rd world wages like in India.
Wait. We're almost there.
I am sure you will like that. You'll be dancing in the street when they start importing workers for your job.
H1 are not underpaid at all, it is just that there is shortage of smart workforce in IT so instead of citizens in IT making killing, they are making ONLY decent wage because of supply of IT workforce from India and China.
Almost all mid to large size firms, h1 are paid very compitiively and it may be news to many that h1 holds managerial post upto the extent that almost 25 percent mid level managers in IT may be h1 and if you consider people who obtain permanent residency from h1, you are talking nearly 50. Though I do agree citizen should be given enough opportunity before opening up doors for outsiders. But lobbying from Microsoft, Google, Facebook will ensure there is enough supply of computer professionals so that they do not have to pay them doctors wages.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:03 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,602 times
Quote:
H1 are not underpaid at all, it is just that there is shortage of smart workforce in IT so instead of citizens in IT making killing, they are making ONLY decent wage because of supply of IT workforce from India and China.
It is a manufactured shortage.
They are underpaid not if they lived in India.
They are underpaid for cost-of-living in USA.

"making a killing" sounds like you don't want to reward American citizens but it is fine to pay Indians.
Talk about traitorous.
In Germany they look out for Germans FIRST when it comes to employment.

Quote:
But lobbying from Microsoft, Google, Facebook will ensure there is enough supply of computer professionals so that they do not have to pay them doctors wages.
$100K is doctors' wages????

What they want is to pay 3rd world wages.

Americans such as yourself who condone this behavior by the tech companies will find themselves or their children living in a 3rd world country like India.
We are getting there slowly but surely.

By the way, it won't be just IT. Eventually it will be every single type of occupation.
Import a worker to take over YOUR job. I can't wait for that to happen to you.
Or maybe you are H1? That's why it is such a great thing?

Last edited by ieee488; 01-12-2014 at 03:13 PM..

Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 AM

9 posts, read 25,074 times
Are you from the 1970s visiting us in the future? Calling India a 3rd world country in this day and age is just being ignorant and shows your lack of general knowledge. This is one of the reasons why some Americans miss out on IT jobs, which do require "more than average" level of general knowledge and logic to excel. I would suggest to stop watching your local news (which report on nothing but shootings in your backyard) and switch to watching world news so that you get more aware of the happenings in today's world.

For all your ranting, I am pretty sure you own a Japanese car, don't you? Also, remember that whatever you are spewing below is the same stuff that some of the native americans may have directed towards your forefathers when they came to this country. Stop kidding yourself, you are also an immigrant like the rest of us who came to this great country to build a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
It is a manufactured shortage.
They are underpaid not if they lived in India.
They are underpaid for cost-of-living in USA.

"making a killing" sounds like you don't want to reward American citizens but it is fine to pay Indians.
Talk about traitorous.
In Germany they look out for Germans FIRST when it comes to employment.

$100K is doctors' wages????

What they want is to pay 3rd world wages.

Americans such as yourself who condone this behavior by the tech companies will find themselves or their children living in a 3rd world country like India.
We are getting there slowly but surely.

By the way, it won't be just IT. Eventually it will be every single type of occupation.
Import a worker to take over YOUR job. I can't wait for that to happen to you.
Or maybe you are H1? That's why it is such a great thing?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
Default Pack 'em in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Well, in a way you're right. I'm sure Monroe Twp thinks buy limiting the homes to 3 bed's, the'll curb the multigen's from buying. Toll Brothers basically said eff it we'll price them like 4 and 5 bed homes anyway. And they were right, as someone is saying all 17 homes sold with a few hours. :shrugs shoulders:
You nailed it. I work for a service-related corporation and find myself in these new Monroe homes on a daily basis. There are often 2 beds in the basement and/or one in the dining room plus extra bedding on the floors in the bedrooms.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:33 AM

38 posts, read 63,007 times
Hello,

Are there any residents from Orchards? I am wondering how they like their home, builder, etc? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:57 PM

289 posts, read 608,446 times
Your link goes to a site that is selling products which are supposed to protect people from EMF from power lines. After reading descriptions of a few products, I say the link is total BS.

(Radiant room is ideal EMF small-space protection and a mobile lifestyle. Clears up to 400 square feet. The Radiant Room hologram holds, conducts and energetically interacts within an environment to harmonize and clear harmful EMF effects. $125!!!)

I am not saying there is absolutely no risk, all I am saying is that the site you linked is total BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel100 View Post
Out of concern, I am posting this for people to make informed decision. We decided to not move into orchards because of the huge powerlines surrounding the community.Check this out.
http://EMF Pollution from Living Nea...ines - Solved?

Old 04-24-2015, 07:12 AM

38 posts, read 63,007 times
Seems like the reselling could pose an issue in future as some buyers may be opposed to having power lines close by. However, quick research on internet shows that there is no conclusive results of health issue related to nearby power lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey