Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 AM

22 posts, read 61,383 times

Advertisements

Hello..
Am looking for infant day care centers around jersey city- 07302 neighborhood. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,326,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimukli View Post
Hello..
Am looking for infant day care centers around jersey city- 07302 neighborhood. Any recommendations?

Thanks
I heard there is a good one located in the retail space at the Liberty Tower Apts. I can't recall the name of the provider.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM

Hey MiamiLIFE.. thanks for ur prompt response..

Believe u are referring to River school...

Old 05-16-2013, 08:34 AM

516 posts, read 1,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimukli View Post
Hey MiamiLIFE.. thanks for ur prompt response..

Believe u are referring to River school...
No, she's referring to Learning Ladders (33 Hudson St). River School has two campuses, one located at Newport and the other at the Gotham on Warren St.

What is the age of your child? The daycare scene is very competitive and have long waitlists, so it is recommended for you to call all the local providers that you can find to ask for openings for your age group. For example, though a colleague really liked River School at Newport, for his daughter's age group, the wait list was 12-18 months so he had to use one of the newer daycare centers... she seems to like it fine.

The preschools (e.g. Montessori type) in the area are interview/lottery based for slightly older children and again, a better route might be to apply first, select where you enroll after you see where your child has been accepted.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,326,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPiggleWiggle View Post
No, she's referring to Learning Ladders (33 Hudson St). River School has two campuses, one located at Newport and the other at the Gotham on Warren St.

What is the age of your child? The daycare scene is very competitive and have long waitlists, so it is recommended for you to call all the local providers that you can find to ask for openings for your age group. For example, though a colleague really liked River School at Newport, for his daughter's age group, the wait list was 12-18 months so he had to use one of the newer daycare centers... she seems to like it fine.

The preschools (e.g. Montessori type) in the area are interview/lottery based for slightly older children and again, a better route might be to apply first, select where you enroll after you see where your child has been accepted.

Hope that helps!
Yep, Learning Ladders. MiamiLife might be a "he".

Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM

516 posts, read 1,006,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Yep, Learning Ladders. MiamiLife might be a "he".
Oops, noted!

Old 05-19-2013, 05:43 AM

Thanks!!! My daughter is 6 months old. And I checked out this day care..seems to be good. Going to schedule a tour soon..
Thanks a lot for ur responses..

Old 04-23-2014, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 5,067 times
I'm curious to hear what you thought of Learning Ladders and if you chose to send your baby there. I have a 5 month old and am also looking but I didn't really love Learning Ladders when I went on the tour and I've only found 4 reviews online, two are terrible and two are stellar :/

Old 04-23-2014, 11:51 AM

973 posts, read 1,454,030 times
I don't know Learning Ladders, but it sounds like the two good ones are made up. I can't imagine a "good" center would have such polarizing responses vs says two good and two average ones.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:42 PM

880 posts, read 821,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMadox View Post
I'm curious to hear what you thought of Learning Ladders and if you chose to send your baby there. I have a 5 month old and am also looking but I didn't really love Learning Ladders when I went on the tour and I've only found 4 reviews online, two are terrible and two are stellar :/
Even though this is a year old, its worth updating:

Learning ladders has a great location and clean facilities, the praise pretty much stops there. To summarize, in my opinion, the owner only cares about money, the education/activities for the children come a much distant second. Greediest management I've ever done business with in the united states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey