Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM

63 posts, read 98,164 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Marlboro NJ as the school district cut of date for KG is Dec 31st. What are you good communities to look for a SFH or townhome for 3BR and 2.5Bath minimum. Also NY commute option is another preference.

Are there any new constructions?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,570 times
Isn't Marlboro aka "Dirt Town" almost ALL "new construction"? 20 years ago there was nothing there but woods and farmland. Commute to NY sucks on any day as you are a slave to Rt 9 which is the most congested artery in central NJ (and there is no mass transit), even though the town is already full of displaced New Yawkers, white trash degenerates and backsliders who sue others to get money after taking out triple mortgages on their "new construction" McMansions and driving $75,000 cars they do not own but lease. If you fit this category, you are set!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 PM

30 posts, read 50,565 times
Hub City- U sure sound like a hater...

Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscone View Post
What's your definition of "hater"? Would you want to live in a town named after dirt and cigarettes? I didn't think so, either.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 PM

256 posts, read 573,061 times
Marlboro isn't a great place by any stretch, but in the other thread you were praising Old Bridge...really Marlboro is just a wealthier Old Bridge. It's the same Brooklyn and SI people and the same Route 9. The demographics vary a little from town to town, but there are still a lot of Russians, Italians, Jews, Indians, and Chinese the whole stretch of 9 Old Bridge to Howell.

In fact re: PT, some of Marlboro has the best access to the train station at Aberdeen.

I don't think there are any new developments not 55+ in Marlboro these days, at least not big ones. They are cracking down on new development and NIMBYism is rampant. These days there are more newer places south (like Howell) and west (even Manalapan has more but especially Monroe).

What is your price range?

Yes there are a lot smug rich spoiled brats. Marlboro is known for that. But let's not pretend like the surrounding towns aren't all congested and full of people who think their crap doesn't stink.

Last edited by ScarletKnightJet; 07-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-02-2013, 01:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Isn't Marlboro aka "Dirt Town" almost ALL "new construction"? 20 years ago there was nothing there but woods and farmland. Commute to NY sucks on any day as you are a slave to Rt 9 which is the most congested artery in central NJ (and there is no mass transit), even though the town is already full of displaced New Yawkers, white trash degenerates and backsliders who sue others to get money after taking out triple mortgages on their "new construction" McMansions and driving $75,000 cars they do not own but lease. If you fit this category, you are set!
hubcity sounds like someone who is probably rich living in a fancy wasp town that doesn't like wannabe rich people in Marlboro driving cars as fancy as him and having homes just as big as him. if you don't have hubcityman's money; you shouldn't have anything nearly as nice as he does.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletKnightJet View Post
Yes there are a lot smug rich spoiled brats. Marlboro is known for that. But let's not pretend like the surrounding towns aren't all congested and full of people who think their crap doesn't stink.
Sure. Manalapan is the same way, just a more cliquey, insular version of it, with more drug dealers. And yes, Route 9 sucks.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM

97 posts, read 202,871 times
i happen to be one of those "white trash" (very insulting term) people from marlboro, aka not the 80% of ppl in town who live in mcmansions. i drive a car with paint peeling off for crying out loud! I'm one with Protestantesque American values and an accent that could be mistaken for midwestern. I shop both Freehold and Englishtown etc.

I think we're actually a majority in America but a very slim minority here.

oh and i'm half italian.

good news is im leaving this town soon.

I always think about what Marlboro would be like as an agricultural town satelliting various agriculture companies, like John Deere and J.I. Case.

Texas Road was mostly woodland until about 2007. Now, it's a congested nightmare. In the 1970's, Marlboro was okay with only 2 large developments: Monmouth Heights and Canadian Woods/Whittier Oaks. Southern Marlboro was cooked by about 1985, before I was born so I only know suburban Marlboro. Northern Marlboro is in the process of being destroyed right now. Don't believe me? Travel NJ Highway 79.

i grew up with all the rich people, Jewish people, etc in town from school. they are not bad people i am friends with some from the area.

I personally have noticed farm equipment being replaced by landscaping trucks.

I almost got into an accidents with two of these landscaping trucks, probably driven by illegal aliens.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:19 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscone View Post
No hate here. But the newer Marlboro relo's within the last 20 years are a heavy percentage from Brooklyn, who think's that their doo doo doesn't stink anymore.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 AM

73 posts, read 150,244 times
WOW... these 4 haters just go around city data bashing Marlboro. Hopefully they can find day jobs instead of making up lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey