Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 PM

27 posts, read 100,423 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are in the process of renting at
The Carriage House
45 Euclid Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601

We have to commute to NY city for job. Would someone able to tell us

1. how safe the locality is?
2. Quality of the apartment (management)?

Thank,
Neel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 11:47 PM

223 posts, read 795,926 times
Overall Hackensack is a nice neighborhood, particularly around Hackensack Hospital. There is some sleeze on Essex and Main Street, but nothing to be too worried about. I had a couple friends who rented in the Euclid Ave. area and they had top notch building mgmt. service. Euclid Ave is very nice, clean, and quiet. NYC buses run all hours, no problem there. Good luck to ya.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
Overall Hackensack is a nice neighborhood, particularly around Hackensack Hospital. There is some sleeze on Essex and Main Street, but nothing to be too worried about. I had a couple friends who rented in the Euclid Ave. area and they had top notch building mgmt. service. Euclid Ave is very nice, clean, and quiet. NYC buses run all hours, no problem there. Good luck to ya.
Thanks ! I was particularly worried about the area being close to Anderson Rlwy Station. Most posts have recommended Prospect Avenue which is on the West Side. And the building we have been shown is at the intersection of Main St and Euclid Avenue (opposite to Sears Auto Repairs).

1. Is it safe to walk from Anderson rlwy station to the apt at night (say around 10:00 pm)? The distance from Linden St and Euclid Avenue is 0.1 mile.

2. Also, I would like to park my car and go? Is is advisable?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:41 AM

223 posts, read 795,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelbasura View Post
Thanks ! I was particularly worried about the area being close to Anderson Rlwy Station. Most posts have recommended Prospect Avenue which is on the West Side. And the building we have been shown is at the intersection of Main St and Euclid Avenue (opposite to Sears Auto Repairs).

1. Is it safe to walk from Anderson rlwy station to the apt at night (say around 10:00 pm)? The distance from Linden St and Euclid Avenue is 0.1 mile.

2. Also, I would like to park my car and go? Is is advisable?

If you are living across from Sears that's not a particularly safe neighborhood. I thought Euclid cut across the tracks west into the hospital vicinity. General rule: stay away from the Main Street late at night. Junkies and teens mull around there.

1. If it's only .1 mile you should be okay.

2. Whatever you do, don't park on the street, chances are it will be stolen depending what type of car you drive, of course.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:19 AM

Thanks.. This means that we have to cancel out Carriage House since it is right across from Sears and on the East side of the railway tracks.. And at the intersection of Main St and Euclid Ave junction.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,813 times
hi i am planing to moove 370 Park St Hackensack NJ US.

i daily commute to NY and return at 11pm?

is this area safe to stay there?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,826,627 times
i lived in Hackensack for 3 years, around prospect ave area, very safe.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:34 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,779,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
If you are living across from Sears that's not a particularly safe neighborhood. I thought Euclid cut across the tracks west into the hospital vicinity. General rule: stay away from the Main Street late at night. Junkies and teens mull around there.

1. If it's only .1 mile you should be okay.

2. Whatever you do, don't park on the street, chances are it will be stolen depending what type of car you drive, of course.

What are you talking about??? That area is safe!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:49 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,149,057 times
I know this is a 5 year old thread but I lived at Carriage house for a number of years so I have first hand experience of the area. You generally want to stay in the Fairmount section (ie. north Hackensack where Carriage is) and you don't want to be south of prospect ave apartments where Hackensack Hospital is. Having said that, the area you described isn't exactly the safest place to be walking around at 11pm. I'd pass.

Good luck with your search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey