Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 01:18 PM

13 posts, read 32,740 times

Advertisements

I am looking for suggestions of what beach I should go to for Vacation. We will be hitting Philly and NY, so I'm thinking the northern beaches are a better suit so the kids don't have to sit in the car too long. Basically, I don't need much - just a nice beach to play in the sand and water with the kids (very young). Boardwalks aren't a must. Attractions aren't a must either. Honestly a quieter beach would be nicer. I'm only planning on staying a day or two. I don't even need to be in a hotel that is on the beach, a 20 minute drive is fine with me as long as there is parking.

I have found suggestions such as Point Pleasant Beach and Sea Girt. The deciding factor will be the cheaper hotels (not sure if we'll show up on a weekend or weekday, we play our vacations by ear). I basically need a clean, safe place to sleep. Breakfast would be nice. I'm rather cheap (yes I admit it) so the cheaper the better. I don't need to frills just clean and safe.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 01:40 PM

36 posts, read 74,952 times
point pleasant sounds great , haven't been to beaches in long island so can't say anything abt them.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Sea Girt has no hotels and parking can be hard to find on the weekends. Point has a major boardwalk and rides Some cheap motels.

Long branch has a nice quiet beach with lots of parking called Seven Presidents and is within a 20 minute drive from the cheaper hotels in Eatontown.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
If you are talking about a day trip, Bradley Beach is great for that. They have bath houses/bathrooms, which come in handy with kids, and parking isn't too bad. There are hotels inland, but I can't personally vouch one, as we lived close enough to drive home.

Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Sea Girt has no hotels and parking can be hard to find on the weekends. Point has a major boardwalk and rides Some cheap motels.

Long branch has a nice quiet beach with lots of parking called Seven Presidents and is within a 20 minute drive from the cheaper hotels in Eatontown.
This is a good suggestion. There's a LaQuinta Hotel on Route 36 (the road that leads to Seven Presidents) that is reasonable and OK, I believe.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,455,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is a good suggestion. There's a LaQuinta Hotel on Route 36 (the road that leads to Seven Presidents) that is reasonable and OK, I believe.
1+ for Seven Presidents, it is a great place to take the kids! You'll find more info on the park here: Monmouth County Park System Parks Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park

KoalaNJ

Old 07-28-2013, 03:33 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
For young kids, I find the beaches at Wildwood or Wildwood Crest to be very good. The beaches are very wide and you walk into the water for quite a ways before it gets deep so that can be perfect for the younger kids. Wildwood is has a very active boardwalk and crowds while the Crest is much quitter with lots of motels within a couple blocks of the beach.

I know it is further south than you were thinking, but Wildwood Crest was our favorite when the kids were little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey