Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:33 PM

88 posts, read 305,170 times

Advertisements

I'm black. I'm not racist against my own people. Like I said, I'm from bed stuy, one of the most highly populated black communities in New York City. But I didn't see any signs saying I was in Irvington or Elizabeth. So I'm pretty sure it was Newark. I knew someone from newark who was from some high rise project in newark idk what the name of the project was exactly but he said it was pretty big. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dre View Post
I'm black. I'm not racist against my own people. Like I said, I'm from bed stuy, one of the most highly populated black communities in New York City. But I didn't see any signs saying I was in Irvington or Elizabeth. So I'm pretty sure it was Newark. I knew someone from newark who was from some high rise project in newark idk what the name of the project was exactly but he said it was pretty big. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
ive heard of blacks that are racist towards other blacks.

sounds like your friend is from the moshe goldberg projects. its full of hardcore thugs.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Typical of just about any large city in New Jersey......it's a state in physical and financial decline that most NJ residents refuse to see or accept.
Interesting comment coming from a Floridian. A state with a MUCH higher crime rate than NJ, consistently ranks lower than NJ on education, and an economy that ranks lower per capita than NJ (considering the fact that Fl has over TWICE the population as well). So yeah, he who lives in a glass house....

Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dre View Post
It's actually easier to leave the airport and end up in Elizabeth because the airport is much closer to actual Elizabeth neighborhoods (all you have to do is good south on 1&9). In Newark however, the airport is separated from the city by a lot of highway and overpasses, and there are numerous signs for Newark/New York (headed north). Newark has plenty of its own grit (like on Frelinghuysen) but it sounds like you were in Elizabeth.

PS: never mind my above post about Fl, I was taking a jab at 'Florida Gentlemen'

Last edited by 66nexus; 08-27-2013 at 01:20 PM..

Old 08-27-2013, 01:20 PM

88 posts, read 305,170 times
I looked up Moshe Goldberg and couldn't find anything on it. I was pretty sure you were joking when you said hardcore thugs lol it's probably an old folks home.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:57 PM

478 posts, read 700,720 times
Show me the proliferation of economically down and out crime ridden cities in Florida that exit in New Jersey. Yes, there may be crime, as you find in all big cities, but in New Jersey you can't point to one prosperous city in the whole state. Every single one is in an advanced state of deterioration and teetering on bankrupt and Camden continually wins the yearly distinction of Murder Capital of the US. My glass house allows the Florida sunshine in while NJ residents are huddled around their fireplace in winter after shoveling the snow from their walks....or worse yet.....the dreaded "wintery mix" usually consisting of snow, sleet, freezing rain and a mixture of half frozen slop. I can do something outside 52 weeks a year down here.....not so in New Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Interesting comment coming from a Floridian. A state with a MUCH higher crime rate than NJ, consistently ranks lower than NJ on education, and an economy that ranks lower per capita than NJ (considering the fact that Fl has over TWICE the population as well). So yeah, he who lives in a glass house....

Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Typical of just about any large city in New Jersey......it's a state in physical and financial decline that most NJ residents refuse to see or accept.
I had to dodge bums & panhandlers in Miami Beach. I wouldn't be crowing if I lived in FL.

And you have about 1,000 times the toothless white trash that NJ does. And they're sprinkled all over the state like demented fairy dust, not just confined to the imner cities. I'm guessing the heat or easy access to Oxy-prescribing doctors might be responsible for so many of them.

You idiots can't even vote right.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:56 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
And parts of Bed-Stuy and Harlem are both undergoing gentrification, so they might not even be comparable anymore!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM

667 posts, read 1,744,802 times
dude, Bed Stuy is still a dump and has huge poverty and crime. I still read plenty of blogs where folks are dealing with some serious situations thinking that Bed Stuy will gentrify easily. That's not going to happen when you have huge project landscapes. Projects were around Bushwick but not nearly as big as what you see in Bed Stuy. Not to say Newark is by any way any better but I wouldnt think of walking safely in either neighborhoods. Having grown up in Bushwick I recall thinking the South Bronx and Harlem kids were dangerous. That is until I met kids from those neighborhoods as well that thought we were the nuts. Talking about calling the kettle black.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 PM

478 posts, read 700,720 times
And New Jersey has no bums, pan handlers, toothless white trash or Oxy users....your living in fantasy world. Yes, they exist here in our inner cities and elsewhere for sure. But, at least out cities are vibrant, prosperous and growing rather than in a state of decline and decay. I'm still waiting for you to list just one NJ city that's not a financial and structural disgrace and scary as hell to drive through and a tax burden that everyone else in the state is paying for. You'd be better off bulldozing every existing city in New Jersey and just starting over....there's absolutely nothing worth saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I had to dodge bums & panhandlers in Miami Beach. I wouldn't be crowing if I lived in FL.

And you have about 1,000 times the toothless white trash that NJ does. And they're sprinkled all over the state like demented fairy dust, not just confined to the imner cities. I'm guessing the heat or easy access to Oxy-prescribing doctors might be responsible for so many of them.

You idiots can't even vote right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey