Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,910,302 times

Advertisements

Yeah I know he got a couple of lucky and cheap Superbowl wins (no credit to him or Steve Spaghetti, but these guys are trash coaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 23,237 times
may be he his past his best but there's nothing like cheap and lucky Superbowls..

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Yeah I know he got a couple of lucky and cheap Superbowl wins (no credit to him or Steve Spaghetti, but these guys are trash coaches

Old 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Who would you rather have? Jim Fassel? Rex Ryan when he becomes available at the end of this season?

At the end of the day, Coughlin could say what every coaches say but the players have to perform.

I much rather have the Giants have a mediocre season and have the underperforming players gone then go through the draft with a high pick.

The offensive line has been decimated with injuries. What they need to do is fire Gilbride and install a new offensive system that can work without going deep.

Look at Brady, he's got no name receivers out there catching and he gets the job done. Eli need to take charge.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Patriots fan? Still crying? It's gonna be all right.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Who would you rather have? Jim Fassel? Rex Ryan when he becomes available at the end of this season?
Most Giants fans want Bill Cowher. He's very close with the Mara's.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Coughlin is alright in my book. Two Super Bowl wins. Both of which were very memorable. One might be the greatest of all time. That catch by Tyre and the catch by Manningham in the second SB. Sick! So many coaches are still looking for their first SB - Andy Reid included. Coughlin brought two to NY. And beat Belichick (arguably the best coach of all times). Hard to complain about that.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Patriots fan? Still crying? It's gonna be all right.

that was a hard loss for them and they had to go through it twice. The catch by Tyre was sick...the dime that Eli dropped on Manningham in the second game...unbelievable. To make that throw where they were on the field at that time and the tippy toe catch. Ice in his veins.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
As a Pats fan, I thought the Giants deserved to win those 2 SB. Their defense was awesome and those catches were circus acts. Kudos to them.

And I like Coughlin, since his early days at Boston College. He is a great coach but this year's roster (especially on defense) is completely depleted. They can't stop anyone so Eli is forcing balls he shouldn't have, he knows his defense is terrible.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
What a spoiled brat. You obviously weren't around to "enjoy" the Giants of the 1970's.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
As a Pats fan, I thought the Giants deserved to win those 2 SB. Their defense was awesome and those catches were circus acts. Kudos to them.

And I like Coughlin, since his early days at Boston College. He is a great coach but this year's roster (especially on defense) is completely depleted. They can't stop anyone so Eli is forcing balls he shouldn't have, he knows his defense is terrible.
The defense has actually been pretty good the first half of each their losses (Dallas, Denver, Kansas City). The secondary has held up (Amukamara, Thomas, Ross) and even produced turnovers. The D line is AWFUL (JPP, Kiwanuka, Tuck) and has not put any pressure on the oppossing qbs. I think the second half has been a different story because the D has been gassed. The offense keeps going three and out...that puts A LOT of pressure on a defense...Josh Brown should've been cut last week. Kickers are a dime a dozen and this guy has missed too many this season. Shameful.

the biggest problem has been the offensive line and play calling. You can't keep calling for 30 yd bombs if the O line can't stop the rush. There is no time for the play to develop and Eli has no room to throw. They also need to develop a screen pass game....Andy Reid is the master of the screen and uses it brilliantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey