Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:52 PM

445 posts, read 1,983,952 times

Advertisements

does anyone know approximately home much a modular home costs to build in nj? Lets say i wanted a home between 1500- 2000 square feet. Home much would it cost per square foot for a basic house. Nothing fancy. Maybe 3-4 bedrooms on either a slab or basement foundation. What about building permits and all the other permits you need? What would that run? How about running sewer, water, electricity etc..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 07:01 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Do you have a modular company in mind? The builder my dad used got the houses from Excel Homes. If you view their site, (explore homes) check off ranch, then square footage 1500 - 1999; 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, features check off garage. 5th house is Echo Hills. The builder had his own lot (80 x 120 IIRC) by the time they were done it was around $265k. My dad didn't get anything upgraded, he's a basic house type of guy. The house would have been cheaper (not even $200K or a little over) but prices for lumber & building materials raised. The house was started in fall 2004 IIRC, with a finish date of July 1, 2005.

What we liked about this model - the master was away from the bedrooms. The master bath is a good size with a very large master closet. While my dad did not want a jacuzzi tub, I've seen it done with a jacuzzi, where they make the closet smaller & add to the bathroom. When I say it is large, he could have fit a desk in there plus had lots of room for a closet. The porch was a nice size, we were able to fit some furniture there and had plenty of room to walk.

My dad ended up putting actual stairs going up to the attic. The attic was so large that it could at some point be finished if someone needs more living space. He also put a powder room in the basement. My dad widened the house a little (under 5 ft), he kicked himself for not doing a little more. IMO, the house was a great size; we could have lived there comfortably had my mother sold it to us after he died. Shame he only lived in the house less then 7 months. He was diagnosed with cancer right before closing.

If you see something you like, there's a link to find a builder.

HTH

Old 10-01-2007, 07:08 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
You would never know they were mods.

Very nice.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:01 PM

10 posts, read 47,867 times
Try Supreme Modular in Turnersville NJ. www.suprememodular.com. I had a great experience with the construction of my home.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
Try Supreme Modular in Turnersville NJ. www.suprememodular.com. I had a great experience with the construction of my home.
Do you work there/own the place?
Looks like almost all of your posts are the same thing which is why I asked. Looks like you may be advertising...

Old 12-21-2008, 08:41 PM

4 posts, read 39,240 times
Default Supreme Modular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
Hi Mike, very interested in details, price per sf, finishes, etc. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
There are a couple of sites that you can look on that actually will give you prices. We were looking into it as well.

I think your big expense, besides the land is your septic. I mean, yes, all the prep work is high, but that one line item is really high.

Works out for you in the long run though. When you walk in, you have a brand new home how you want it. I still like the idea.

Let us know what you decide.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
our new house is a modular and its built really good.. Very happy with the design and look of it.. we have the inspection next week and I know it will do well. Its only 5 years old.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Amazing upgrades from "trailers" as that is the general point of view.

Look into SIP wall houses. AMAZING energy savings.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:47 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
They're not trailers. These are modulars, not manufactured. That is an outdated misconception. We thought the same thing.

I came on here and asked a ton of questions, was directed to some great places and the general consensus is that no one would hesitate to buy one. They're constructed better than a "stick built" and are done much faster with a time frame from start to finish (placed on the foundation and finish work) of 3-6 months compared to 1 year + on a stick built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey