Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:36 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times

Advertisements

So i hate shopping, and i like to get as much done in one shot as possible. Wardrobe is in need of a refresh...i'm debating between woodbury commons or jersey shore outlets. maybe jackson.

anyone have a favorite outlet center that has a broad selection of stores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
As you mentioned, Jackson Outlets, by Six Flags.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:24 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
I like Woodbury Commons, for the road trip, the fresh air and the scenery.
But Jersey Gardens is more practical for me.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
In general, outlet shopping is not all that great of a bargain - IMHO especially Woodbury since you have to pay tax on clothing. But since you're going for more of a one stop shopping, it's a good choice. I go to The Crossings in Tannersville (when I go, which is rare) but only b/c it's the closest to me. I've heard Jersey Shore has a good selection of stores.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 AM

252 posts, read 456,498 times
Try Jersey Gardens. The retailer mix is in perpetual state of improvement. For example, last year Daffy's went bankrupt, closed their store, and Century 21 took the space. Michael Kors is opening in a few weeks. A recent renovation updated the mall's appearance too. It is a completely different shopping experience today than 10 years ago.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
I third Jersey Gardens. I just started going there this year and I have found some very good clothing deals. It has a lot of stores too, including Lego store which my daughter loves.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:33 AM

208 posts, read 468,656 times
Woodbury is 1) outside - so it's cold 2) spread out 3) Tax on clothing.

Jersey Gardens 1) inside 2) compact 3) no tax on clothing - seems to have a lot of options. Not as many high end as woodbury does -depends on what you want. Look at the directory and see what stores looks best for your wardobe.

I don't know too much about Tannersville or Jersey Shore.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:01 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Jackson outlets is on the list of places I wont go to. not fancy enough for me. jersey shore is ok but its kind of cold these days for and outdoor mall. woodbury is way too far, ill never go there. if you are looking to get deals you can probably just do a little more homework and find just as good deals in your favorite mall.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:14 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,455,142 times
I like the outlets in Flemington. You can find everything from high end & designers (Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, Coach, Ralph Lauren, etc) to "regular" outlets such as Levi, Nike, Dressbarn & Izod. Flemington has a number of centers each with multiple outlets so what ever you are looking for its highly likely you'll find it. I like that you can also park one place and then take the trolly/shuttle to the other centers. Be sure to pick up one of the leaflets you'll find in the free honor boxes or wire stands that are located throughout the various outlet centers. They will tell you about the shuttle, the various centers and stores in town, and includes many coupons. FYI the Amish farm market, (Dutch Farmer's Market) has home made Amish style hot pretzels that are to die for!

KoalaNJ

Old 02-20-2014, 05:36 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,945,387 times
Love Woodbury comments, but to avoid paying sales tax, stay in NJ or PA. If you have the time and really want the experience, drive to Rehoboth, DE for the ultimate outlet experience and no tax on anything! If needing/wanting to stay in NJ I would go with Jackson or Flemington outlets.

I have found that Coldwater Creek, Chico's, Talbots, Ann Taylor, Dress Barn, and other smaller but national clothing stores have good sales either in their stores or on line. Many offer free shipping and then the option to return (either for free or in a store), which would allow you to try on things in your own home with other impending purchases. Don't rule out the sales racks at the major anchor department stores as well. They are often better than outlets and places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Burlington.

If you really want to indulge yourself, sign up for a personal consultation or shopper at one of the stores and let them put together a few outfits or suggestions for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey