Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 09:05 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times

Advertisements

The following updated information seemed much too important, IMO, to have it buried at the end of the 15 page thread that speculated on drug buys, Essex County incompetence and the like.

WARNING: Some of you may get hung-up on the source so either ignore the thread or use Google and get yhe story from a media source you prefer.

"Brendan Tevlin was the exemplar of what American parents hope their children become.......His obituary reads like an award ceremony, except that all of the achievements were his. A young Irish Catholic American, Brendan had completed his first year of college. He was an older brother to three, a Eucharistic minister, president of the Gaelic Club, and a talented bagpiper. In high school, Brendan was a member of the National Honor Society, Lacrosse Team, Ambassador’s Club, Student Council, Math Honor Society, and Spanish Honor Society......."

Brendan Tevlin, American martyr, murdered on U.S. soil by jihadist killer | Rightly Wired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 06:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
It is very ironic that the news was all over this story when Brendan's body was found, but once this bit of info came out, everyone shut up. I read it in the Star-Ledger but don't remember seeing it on nightly local news or in any national papers that reported on the original story. I saw the original story in international (British) news, and they did an update with the latest. News at home, even local? Barely a peep... This story dropped off the face of the earth once more and more started coming out. I remember waiting for other news outlets to let us know about this killer, whose intent was to kill an American to get back at America for killing in the Middle East, but I never saw the reports at the rate, and with the outrage, I thought I would.

I guess it is not politically correct to update the story with the latest facts because of what those facts consist of. It's fine to obsess over Ferguson, though, for weeks we heard about that out of control ridiculous situation it turned into with the riots and the looting. Brendan deserves the same amount if publicity for his whole story. Especially considering how alarming the killer's claims are. It is scary. America needs, and deserves, to know that there are people like that out there, right here on our soil. It proves that the victim could have been anyone, anywhere. It is really scary.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,424,762 times
The whole thing is obviously disturbing, a real tragedy. The way the media manipulates what we read or hear is totally disgraceful.
I am so sorry to read this. Maybe we need to stir it up with the media asking for updates on the story.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
The following updated information seemed much too important, IMO, to have it buried at the end of the 15 page thread
Brendan Tevlin, American martyr, murdered on U.S. soil by jihadist killer | Rightly Wired
There are other threads on this board, just not in this forum. One started last month:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-jihadist.html
and another today:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...urdered-u.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
The way the media manipulates what we read or hear is totally disgraceful. ... Maybe we need to stir it up with the media asking for updates on the story.
Good luck with that. The media could care less about the tragic death of a perfect American kid. Now, if he was a racial, ethnic, or sexual minority, or mentally-ill, they would be writing books & plays about him.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
There are other threads on this board, just not in this forum. One started last month:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-jihadist.html
and another today:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...urdered-u.html
That is good to see, but the point is that American media is not reporting on it as they probably should be.

It is painfully obvious how they pick and choose what to portray and this was not one example though IMO it's one of the more alarming developments in an already alarming story.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,228,300 times
Do the other two men involved in the killing claim to be jihadists? Or what's their story?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM

880 posts, read 1,252,334 times
We must respect everyone's murderous rage if it's part of their religion. We won't tolerate intolerance, even if it literally kills us!

Old 09-16-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne;
........ The way the media manipulates what we read or hear is totally disgraceful.
I am so sorry to read this. Maybe we need to stir it up with the media asking for updates on the story.
Quote:
JerseyGirl415; It is painfully obvious how they pick and choose what to portray and this was not one example though IMO it's one of the more alarming developments in an already alarming story.
Not really. With the speed and ubiquity off the www, this story and others will go much father and reach more people than any old- style media type could ever imagine.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:14 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Martha MacCallum: Outrage Over Brendan Tevlin's Murder 'Lost in a Sorry Double Standard' - Fox Nation

On the Record with Greta Van Susteren | Fox News
• 'On the Record' Exclusive: The parents of Brendan Tevlin, the victim of an alleged jihadist revenge murder here in America, sit down with Greta.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Martha MacCallum: Outrage Over Brendan Tevlin's Murder 'Lost in a Sorry Double Standard' - Fox Nation

On the Record with Greta Van Susteren | Fox News
'On the Record' Exclusive: The parents of Brendan Tevlin, the victim of an alleged jihadist revenge murder here in America, sit down with Greta.
As the father of a 19 y/o young man the story of Brendan's murder is very upsetting to me. I feel so bad for his mom and dad.

Tucker Carlson's interview with the music radio host was good. Look forward to Greta's interview with the parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey