Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM

110 posts, read 394,209 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.

It's been a long time since I posted and I'm looking for some feedback/advice. I moved to NC from NJ back in November 2006. I was under contract with my job until November 2007. Now that the contract is behind me, I'm wondering what kind of employment opportunities area available in the banking/mortgage and insurance industry in central/southern NJ. Realistically, I would like to be back in NJ between 3-5 months from now. I realize I must start now to get the ball in motion. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Companies, employment agencies, etc. I just got back from an incredible weekend in NYC and I'm sorry to say, NC just doesn't cut it for me any more. Any information would be greatly appreciated...thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 08:22 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,956,800 times
Check out NJ Manufacturers. A friend of mine mentioned they were hiring a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry to say you are coming back at a difficult time. Not many jobs out there, that pay anyway, and things are very expensive.

Good luck to you.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:23 AM

531 posts, read 2,149,661 times
Things are getting expensive! Grocery bills are way higher than they used to be a year ago and it's not like I'm eating more.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
Check out NJ Manufacturers. A friend of mine mentioned they were hiring a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry to say you are coming back at a difficult time. Not many jobs out there, that pay anyway, and things are very expensive.

Good luck to you.
Don't want to put a damper on this, but I live very close to NJM and many friends either worked there or know someone who worked there. NJM is one of the most difficult places to work. They pay well, but they are truly slave drivers. I would think twice (or three times) before I went to work for them.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM

625 posts, read 3,635,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Things are getting expensive! Grocery bills are way higher than they used to be a year ago and it's not like I'm eating more.

I agree groceries are astronomical. Buying fruit at the supermarket is nearly impossible because of the prices ($4 for strawberries? 4 lemons for $2.49). I feel like I have to go to 3 different supermarkets just to get a deal. I can't afford to live at this rate.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
I agree groceries are astronomical. Buying fruit at the supermarket is nearly impossible because of the prices ($4 for strawberries? 4 lemons for $2.49). I feel like I have to go to 3 different supermarkets just to get a deal. I can't afford to live at this rate.
Yeah, can you believe it? Those are all basics that our country doesn't have to import, why are groceries becoming so expensive! We, the federal gov't, have to stop subsidizing farms to NOT grow crops so we can get abit of competition going!

I'm starting to supplement my grocery shopping at Asian markets where it's actually cheaper to buy exotic fruits and veggies like asian pears and shang hai bok choy! Love that diversity of this state.

As for the job market for insurance/bank/mortage, that industry is taking a beating due to the subprime fiasco. Good luck to you if you can find a job.

Scour the web and check indeed.com listings!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 AM

531 posts, read 2,149,661 times
Quote:
3 different supermarkets == lots of gas money too. You can't win.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:47 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Don't want to put a damper on this, but I live very close to NJM and many friends either worked there or know someone who worked there. NJM is one of the most difficult places to work. They pay well, but they are truly slave drivers. I would think twice (or three times) before I went to work for them.
as a customer why would I care about their workplace? I am interested in paying low rates and having any claims resolved quickly.
If someone doesn't like their job they should find another one

Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
as a customer why would I care about their workplace? I am interested in paying low rates and having any claims resolved quickly.
If someone doesn't like their job they should find another one
the OP was looking for a job, not car insurance, which is why colleen mentioned that.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:04 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Quote:
You didn't mention that those who pick that fruit and vegies are paid 10 cents a day. So some one is really raking in the doe off of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: