Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 964 times

Advertisements

Where are you coming from?: West Palm Beach, FL
Why are you moving? Hubby is from there oringally and promised him we would move closer to his family
Where will you be working ? Most likely transfer from my current job to somewhere within distance

Will you buy or rent? rent
What is your budget ? 1200 or less
What kind of place are you looking for ? A single family PET FRIENDLY home

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Spouse, our dogs
Do you need/want good public schools? always a plus

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in : safe? lol

List three things that are important to you in order of importance: saftey, family, pet friendly

We have been debating for a year to move there or not. Ive only been there once and that was when we were in a long distance relationship... he moved down to Florida to be with me. He hates it here, not that I can blame him. Its hot, humid, and the bugs... oh god, the African Sized Bugs of Death are killer LOL... people are rude, tired of snow birds because.. lets be frank... they are be annoying as all holy hell.. and.. im just tired of it to be honest. The only thing that keeps me here is my mom.

What are good areas to look in? I have large breed dogs and small breed dog. I need somewhere that is very flexible with animals, etc. He sucks at looking, he just tell sme what cities to not do because of the ghetto - Camden, Millville, etc... lol so I only have his advise to go on. Hes very little help lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:02 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,152,277 times
Oh man, can't believe you're leaving WPB. I LOVE that city. Sure it's hot and humid, but at least you don't have to deal with the cold and snow which is the norm up here for about half the year. People are rude down there? And you're moving to NJ of all places to get away from that? Good luck! My cousin lives down there and has never mentioned anything about the bugs being an issue.

Anyway, a budget of 1200 is very low for a "nice" area. Your husband is right, you should definitely avoid Camden, Millville, Bridgeton, and most of Vineland. The nicer towns are closer to Philly - Moorestown, Cherry Hill, Medford, etc....but of course it's more expensive there. You might be able to find something cheaper out in the boonies - places like Shamong, Southampton, or parts of Hammonton.

Last edited by ansky; 03-19-2015 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 964 times
Hahaha. Im used to the rudeness. As I always told him... we are mini-NYC. All the northerns flock down when snow hits haha. And trust me, I dont wanna go. HE does. He cant stand the tropics... or palmettos. Flying cockaroaches were a deal breaker hahahahaha.

Is NJ pet friendly or any areas? like, down here - Delray and Boynton are very pet friendly areas where in WPB not so much.. well, depending WHERE in West Palm anyway.. etc. If we have to pay more we will, I just want to get a good idea how much more and where, etc. Just be easier in the long run to figure all this out before we do move (most likely end of this year, begining of next year from getting everything situated).

Ill take the heat any day although it will be nice to actually see the seasons change colors for once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey