Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:42 PM

38 posts, read 109,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Personally, I'd choose Hillsborough. Nice community, decent public schools. No clue about new condos? Where are they? I drive through Hillsborough at least 4 times a week and am not quite sure where new condo developments are?

Bridgewater is way too crazy/busy for me and the schools aren't as great as they were in the past. A good friend of mine is moving to Montgomery b/c of the Bridgewater school system lacking.

Greenbrook? Depends on which side of 22 you want to be on and how far up the mountain you can afford to buy.

I've been trying to sell a house right off of Mtn blvd for a good 6 mos now. No bites. Everyone loves it - all brand-spanking new, just hoping buyers will soon realize that the market in NJ has bottomed out and NOW is the time to buy...but whatever. I've had people interested in renting so that will be my next step.

But I would choose Hillsborough no matter how you slice it and NO, I don't live in Hillsborough.
Do you have info on your house email me jabber101@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 11:02 PM

132 posts, read 410,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb6 View Post
Can anyone give info on Green Brook; looking at a house on Park Ave? How is the elementary and middle school? How about activities for the kids soccer etc.
Go with Green Brook, elementary and middle schools are excellent (blue ribbon schools). High school goes to Watchung Regional HS, also an excellent blue ribbon school. I would suggest living in the mountain side of Green Brook.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:26 PM

Default Green Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUALL View Post
Go with Green Brook, elementary and middle schools are excellent (blue ribbon schools). High school goes to Watchung Regional HS, also an excellent blue ribbon school. I would suggest living in the mountain side of Green Brook.
Is there something wrong with the other area?

Old 06-18-2008, 04:25 AM

132 posts, read 410,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgb6 View Post
Is there something wrong with the other area?
The northside of Green Brook is more expensive as it is adjacent to Watchung and Warren. School systems are still same as the southside.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Green brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUALL View Post
The northside of Green Brook is more expensive as it is adjacent to Watchung and Warren. School systems are still same as the southside.
Thank you we move up in a week and a half. We found a temporary place in Green Brook. At the time all we could find was on the southside. So, far I am impressed with the schools curriculm. Hopefully once there we can find a bigger house on the northside that we can afford.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:04 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
Bridgewater- I grew up in Bridgewater. It's a pretty decent town. It's not the nicest of towns, but it's pretty good even though it's not perfect. Bridgewater was also very large in population when I lived there. I recently moved from there to Mendham back in the summer of 2004 and some very large condos and housing developments were being brought up. I've talked to some old friends from Bridgewater and a very large influx of people have moved in over recent years. If you like convenience, the mall was five minutes from my old house, and other stores are within a short drive. It's a great place to raise your kids, but if your concerned about safety the nicer neigborhoods are North of Route 22. South of 22 has seen better days.

Hillsborough- Never actually resided there but I know a lot of people from there. Bridgewater and Hillsborough are rivals in high school sports. A good friend of mine and a life-long Hillsborough resident described Hillsborough as "Pleasantville where the worst crime commited was shoplifting a pack of bubble gum." Another friend of mine who attended Hillsborough High School gave it the nickname "Heroin High" but there are drugs everywhere what can you do?

Greenbrook- I knew a couple people from Green Brook. It seems just like a regular town off of Route 22. There is a middle class side South of 22, and North of 22 is more upper class as you go up the mountain. But that Warrenville Road is hell in the winter. Green Brook also has a totally different feel than Bridgewater and Hillsborough, but Green Brook has a similar layout to Bridgewater the nicer parts of town being North of 22. However, the southside of Green Brook isn't bad like the southside of Bridgewater.

Last edited by STrapani1105; 07-13-2008 at 09:32 PM..

Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 AM

Default Recommendation of Preschool/Daycare around Green Brook, Basking Ridge or Warren

Just moved to Green Brook. Should have really listened to some on staying on the North side. At the time we were looking could not find anything reasonable on the northside. Wanted a lease option because we are still trying to get rid of two houses in Florida. Long story got stuck in the aweful real estate mess down there. Will continue to look now that we live in the area. Can anyone recommed any preschools and daycare in the area. Green Brooks schools only have on daycare provider for before and after and need some direction.
Thank you

Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 9,890 times
Default Green Brook pre school day care

Hi,
there is giving nest in north plainfield and watchung, excellent school reasonable tution but you would have to register now for september. there is Sundance .. very good too but more of a daycare and higher fees. there is Pumpkin Patch in by Bardy farms in Warren very nice atmosphere. But Giving Nest is the most popular with the most recommendations.
I see you posted this question a while ago.. so I hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:57 PM

89 posts, read 689,772 times
Hillsborough is a wonderful place for kids if you can afford it. Really good schools. Super safe. etc. I personally hated it because I felt like i was living in the boonies being so far away from the NJTP and the GSP, and I'm young crazy and childless. But seriously, it's the kind of place where you don't have to worry about your kids walking around or going to parks etc. If you can afford it, i think its the best pick for your situation.

I agree that Warren and Watchung are really great areas too.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 11,753 times
Igb6
I'm sorry you are not happy with the southside of Green Brook. You sound like the tpye of person that should be on the northside of town. The homes are newer and usually larger up their.
Every time your child has to go somewhere you have to get in a car and the neighborhoods aren't as friendly. Keep saving and you might be able to get out of Renda Pl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey